Will I need to upgrade my sound card for using EZi Drummer/ Drumkit From Help/ Amplitube/ Revalver etc? Also intend to use it for recording. Have a VIA onboard card......will it cut it? I dont want massive latency and glitchy drum sounds.....
I use Line 6 Toneport GX. Got it for about 60 bucks and has a 1/4" instrument input with almost no latency. Not sure how you are attempting to use the onboard soundcard for instruments tho. EZ drummer shouldn't be a problem, but Amplitube might.
Quote by SomeBlueKind
I use Line 6 Toneport GX. Got it for about 60 bucks and has a 1/4" instrument input with almost no latency. Not sure how you are attempting to use the onboard soundcard for instruments tho. EZ drummer shouldn't be a problem, but Amplitube might.

When I connect my guitar to the mic port, I get maybe 1 1/2 seconds of sustain, a very weedy tone and almost inaudible cleans.
All soundcards/chips should be AC97 compatible and that should be good enough for the basics. But an interface is a huge advantage for getting guitar recorded. I wish I had one but I make do with my RP150 MFX and a little mixer so I can record direct or mic up my amp, depending on the sound I want. Latency is a bit of a drag but getting tracks in synch is no big deal with most multi-track recording software.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by jpnyc
I recently became enlightened about just how far cheap USB inputs have come. This $40 Behringer unit works great as a low-latency input and can also work as an audio out if you need it to: http://www.jr.com/usb-guitar-link/pe/BEH_UCG102/

Hey...its got two inputs. Perfect! Only.....its Behringer
Quote by Lurcher
All soundcards/chips should be AC97 compatible and that should be good enough for the basics. But an interface is a huge advantage for getting guitar recorded. I wish I had one but I make do with my RP150 MFX and a little mixer so I can record direct or mic up my amp, depending on the sound I want. Latency is a bit of a drag but getting tracks in synch is no big deal with most multi-track recording software.

Multi track recording software? Whats that? I use MS Voice Recorder.
^N00b here. Dont mind.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Hey...its got two inputs. Perfect! Only.....its Behringer

It has one in and one out. And Behringer’s pro-audio stuff is regarded as being pretty solid, unlike their cheap amps and pedals.
a multi track recorder, is a mixing desk that you can record to various media (cd, built in hardrive etc.) look up tascam porta 002

what you are better off using is a DAW (digital audio workstation) this is software based via a interface......seeing as you sound very new to recording get Reaper, it`s a free download.

for highend semi professional use go for protools LE(M-box 2 interface or higher required - £220 and higher) or protools M-powered (M-audio Fast track - same price as a toneport)

Edit:- wrong forum, i`ll get it moved to the recording forum...reported for the move
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 14, 2010,
Quote by jpnyc
It has one in and one out. And Behringer’s pro-audio stuff is regarded as being pretty solid, unlike their cheap amps and pedals.

They are? OK, misconception cleared

Quote by ibanezgod1973
a multi track recorder, is a mixing desk that you can record to various media (cd, built in hardrive etc.) look up tascam porta 002

what you are better off using is a DAW (digital audio workstation) this is software based via a interface......seeing as you sound very new to recording get Reaper, it`s a free download.

for highend semi professional use go for protools LE(M-box 2 interface or higher required - £220 and higher) or protools M-powered (M-audio Fast track - same price as a toneport)

Edit:- wrong forum, i`ll get it moved to the recording forum...reported for the move

Reaper? Gottit. Thanks!