I'm working on a story for a short film music video I'm doing for uni and there's one little part I was hoping I could get some help with ideas for.

Basically at the moment what I've got in mind is a guy who accidentally kills someone who then freaks out and runs away. Thing is I need a good scenario for this accidental death to take place in, I've been thinking about a few different things like a car accident, killing a mugger in self defence, a burglary gone wrong, etc but none have really sit right with me.

Any ideas pit?
An accident involving blue ice:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_ice_%28aircraft%29

On a more serious note, something that isn't so cliche would help. Car accidents and typical self-defense scenes are very typical. Something a little more out-of-the-box would be ideal. Nothing is coming to me at this second, but if I get something I'll come back and let you know.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
What about this? A dude works as a crane operator at the local harbour, you know, lifting big containers and stuff on and off boats. He is holding a particularly heavy container and is lifting it on/off a ship (doesnt really matter) when he loses his concentration for a moment (maybe he gets a phone call or whatever) and the big container slams into a wall, and from there slips out of the cranes grip and crushes a/several people down on the ground. It may be lame but at least I came up with something.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
hmm, definitely more original but still not what I'm looking for. Ideally I want a situation where the guy is up close and personal and literally gets blood on his hands.

Alternatively if anyone has a better idea for a story that is loosely related to/fits the pacing of Fire by Kasabian that would be awesome.
Is the victim supposed to be a stranger or someone close to him?
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
What if he works in a meat factory with a machine similar to a chainsaw (think of it as shortened chainsaw with a trigger) and basically cuts like cows and such in half before they go down the line to be cut into steaks, ribs, etc.?
So, he's in the middle of cutting this cow in half and someone, trying to get his attention, taps him on the shoulder. Still focused on the cow, he slowly lets off the pressure on the trigger of his chainsaw machine. Unfortunately, the person tapping him on the shoulder is standing to the side, and the worker accidentally slices right into him, cutting off his arm. Although he tries his best to use a tourniquet to slow the bloodflow, the guys bleeds out as he's trying to save him. Shocked and horrified, he flees the scene. (Assume that no one thinks he purposely killed the man trying to get his attention, as it's all on the security camera.)

I don't know. Does that work?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 14, 2010,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What if he works in a meat factory with a machine similar to a chainsaw (think of it as shortened chainsaw with a trigger) and basically cuts like cows and such in half before they go down the line to be cut into steaks, ribs, etc.?
So, he's in the middle of cutting this cow in half and someone, trying to get his attention, taps him on the shoulder. Still focused on the cow, he slowly lets off the pressure on the trigger of his chainsaw machine. Unfortunately, the person tapping him on the shoulder is standing to the side, and the worker accidentally slices right into him, cutting off his arm. Although he tries his best to use a tourniquet to slow the bloodflow, the guys bleeds out as he's trying to save him. Shocked and horrified, he flees the scene. (Assume that no one thinks he purposely killed the man trying to get his attention, as it's all on the security camera.)

I don't know. Does that work?

Quite lame, but rather appealing. What does TS think?
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand