I searched and couldn't find a thread on Ozzy, at least not through all the closed threads about updates on him.

So, discuss Ozzy's solo music.

I personally am a fan of his solo stuff i dont understand the hate on it. Randy Rhoads is my favorite guitarist of all time, and I think Gus G. is a great choice for his new guitarist
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Ozzy ended wth Randy for Me.
not saying that Zakk or Gus are not great guitarists in their own right, but I just ain't capable of taking an interest.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
no rest for the wicked is one of the most underrated albums of all time. still noy as good as the rhoads or jake e lee albums though.
I get pretty annoyed about how everyone bitched about Gus G. I heard people say he plays too much like Zakk, but clearly Scream was written before he joined, he only recorded it. As for live performances, he does play a fair amount of pinches but still not as many as Zakk, and Zakk used a **** ton of distortion and played through a Chorus effect which made for a big metallic sound, but Gus plays more natural tones and I prefer the way they sound for Ozzy's music, especially for Randy and Jake songs.

Also, Ozzy has said it best, the fans need to realize that Randy, Jake, and Zakk were all unknowns when he hired them, Gus shouldn't be treated differently. That's one reason I love Ozzy, he knows what musicians are good to surround himself with
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I like most of Ozzy's solo work. His stuff with Randy was awesome, notably Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a MAdman. His weakest stuff was stuff with Jake E Lee (I'm thinking BArk at the Moon).

Gus G is okay. We should let him play and then decide at that point.

I'm going to see Ozzy here on November 18th.

ron666
Ozzy has a habit of getting one of the best metal guitarists of the day. Gus G is absolutely no exception, his chops are SHIT HOT even if I do prefer his work in Nightrage.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I wouldn't call Gus G a total unknown and he's definitely a great guitarist, his previous work with Firewind was pretty killer and some of his random vids of him string skipping solos are crazy good.

Anyway saw them at Ozzfest in August and they were great Gus played great but the best part was Ozzy looks the best he's been in years. He was running around the stage and he sang fantastically. He even managed to pick up this little japanese kid who he brought out to play crazy train during the encore.

No rest for the wicked is also a great album.
Sounds like? - "A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN WHAT YOU"RE LISTENING TO ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW!"
- Steel Panther
That would be this kid, he was on Ellen and she brought Ozzy there to surprise him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMD_L8IDZnc
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
That kid has actually really improved. He played with Ozzy again, recently. His playing is getting cleaner, and is a really kickass kid anyway. He sings live too, but his singing isn't too hot.

Anyway, today is the 30th anniversery of Blizzard of Ozz, so I was really hyped today. I blasted my amp to 10, and played Crazy Train, Mr Crowley, and Suicide Solution. I was segue-ing into Steal Away, but my mum told me to shut up already.
to be fair the kid doesn't speak English

and

Anyway, what is everyone's most underrated Ozzy track? I say Diary of a Madman, or No Bone Movies
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

and

Anyway, what is everyone's most underrated Ozzy track? I say Diary of a Madman, or No Bone Movies

I would say that the most underrated stuff was Thunder Underground from his Ozzmosis album. It sounds very heavy, but it does not get much airplay.

ron666
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

and

Believer is a good one.
Totally forgot Believer, that's definitely up there.

Miracle was a hit back in the day but I think it's been forgotten about, that was a good track, as was Crazy Babies.

Also, I think his last two albums are being underrated. Black Rain wasn't bad at all imo, and Scream is the best thing he's done in almost 20 years
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by ron666
I like most of Ozzy's solo work. His stuff with Randy was awesome, notably Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a MAdman.

Um... Those were the only 2 albums he released with Randy. Placing everything into the "notable" category kind of diminishes the point of having a "notable" category in the first place.
But what if everything he did was notable?
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
^This, and Tribute was Randy's best work
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I really don't like anything after jake, zakk just isn't my style, in fact i hate almost everything about his playing and sound. The new album with Gus is so freaking generic and boring, but he probably didn't write any of the stuff. So i'll judge him on ozzy's next album. I really hope that **** head who crashed the plain is sucking satans dick right now, they probably wouldn't have crashed if he wasn't strung out on coke, the world would have been much better with randy, even if he had have left ozzy.
IMHO, the albums with Randy were very mediocre and the verse riff in Crazy Train completely kills the song.

Zakk Wylde was the best thing to every happen to him, "No More Tears" is his best album ever and he's never had a more exciting guitarist, his stage presence, tone and technique out-shined Jake and Randy by far.
Especially his tone, Randy's tone is like nails on a chalkboard and Jake's tone was just really weak and thin sounding.

But then he had to turn into a drunkard.
Funny thing how every Ozzy guitarist is good for 2 albums, then either quits/dies/makes boring albums.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Sep 28, 2010,
You gotta understand, Gus G. is very humble. And he knows he has big shoes to fill. You can hear Randy, Jake, and Zakk in his playing. In an interview he said he loves them all, and he tries not to ruin anything for the long time fans and tries to play it the way they did, with a taste of his own. Step into his shoes for a bit, would you say no to Ozzy? And plus its not like Ozzy kicked out Zakk for him. Zakk was already gone, so if you should hate on anyone for Zakk leaving, it would be Ozzy. But most of all hate that dumbass pilot! Randy is king! Gus G. is just my favorite. But the only reason I think that way is because I went to the first Ozzfest this year, and Gus blew my mind! But RIP Randy you were the best!
YouTube

Buy an ESP Ltd Deluxe EC-1000 VB starting at $299 here!
All of Ozzy's guitarists have been great but Randy is my favorite. I Don't Know is one of my favorite riffs of all time and the live version of Paranoid with Randy Rhoads is amazing. Gus G was a good choice and he suits Ozzy well.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
What I have always wondered is if Randy did not die how long would he have been with Ozzy, hopefully he would still be with him today. No offense to Jake, Zakk, or Gus.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Crazed Shredder
What I have always wondered is if Randy did not die how long would he have been with Ozzy, hopefully he would still be with him today. No offense to Jake, Zakk, or Gus.

He was planning to leave after the follow up to "Diary." But I like to think he would've come back. He, Ozzy and the boys had a hell of a thing going, especially with Aldridge and Rudy Sarzo. Bummed they never made a studio album. I think Randy knew the chemistry they had, and wasn't gonna throw it away.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
He is overall my favorite guitarist.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by Thrasher51
He was planning to leave after the follow up to "Diary." But I like to think he would've come back. He, Ozzy and the boys had a hell of a thing going, especially with Aldridge and Rudy Sarzo. Bummed they never made a studio album. I think Randy knew the chemistry they had, and wasn't gonna throw it away.

Ozzy punched Randy in the face once the first time he suggested he wanted to leave, if Randy was willing to stay after that then he may have stayed a little longer, wether it be because he decided he should stay or he was afraid of Ozzy biting his head off

In regards to Ozzy attacking the WBC
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Ozzy punched Randy in the face once the first time he suggested he wanted to leave, if Randy was willing to stay after that then he may have stayed a little longer, wether it be because he decided he should stay or he was afraid of Ozzy biting his head off

In regards to Ozzy attacking the WBC

Geez, I wasn't aware of that. Sounds like Ozzy was acting like a jerk on that occasion, that's for sure.

ron666
He was probably high
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
He was probably high

YEah, that's true. He spent over 80% of his life either high or drunk. But to get back to Randy, after this incident, he was probably too scared to leave. He figured that Ozzy might kill him.

Uh Oh, I just had a bad thought. There is no way that Ozzy could be responsible for Randy's death back in 1982?? Or am I being too paranoid.

ron666
Yeah but it goes both ways, Ozzy easily could have scared Randy away at that moment, and he chose to stay.

Also, Ozzy would be in no way responsible for Randy's death, he was asleep when it happened, and when the plane clipped the tour bus, it woke him and Sharon up. No one knows why Randy got on the bus because he hated flying, and he was completely sober when they did the autopsy (the pilot was on coke).

But let's not make this a Randy exclusive thread, as there is a thread on him (made by me ) and Ozzy has many other great musicians he has worked with to discuss (and Ozzy himself, of course)
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing