Hey guys, looking for new strings and I dont trust the guys at the local music store... I want to hear what the artists like, what do you use?

I finally broke a string on my acoustic, they are like 2 years old. This guitar sounds really dark, looking for something with a bit more bite, but not too much. Thin gauge, I use regular slinkies on all my electrics and I've considered putting a pack on my acoustic too(any advice about that?) :]
Quote by genghisgandhi
make the bass more bassy

Quote by grohl1987
You really like input jacks, don't you?

My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Greg Bennett Acoustic
Epiphone G-1275
There's nothing wrong with using electric strings on acoustic guitars. It'll sound abit tinny maybe, and won't have as much tension, but it'll work.

I like Martin strings for acoustic. I can't stand anything Earnie Ball.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Martin Acoustic Bronze strings. They sound great and last forever! I get them online cuz they're pretty cheap. Try ebay, you van get them much cheaper there for a value pack. Hope this helps! let me know if you have any questions.
I really like D'addario EXP strings... In my mind they're the best sounding "coated" strings... and last forever.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Martin bronzes for me. They sound fantastic.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Elixir Lights are the only ones that can last thru my damn sweaty fingerpicking
I prefer Dean Markley Vintage Bronze. But if I've bought Martin's a few times also; they're not bad.

Btw, you might wanna replace your acoustic more than every 2 years. The reason your current strings sound so dark is that they have degenerated to the point of sounding darker and darker. Try a string made out of PhosphourBronze if you want a little more bite.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 14, 2010,
I use Ernie Ball Earthwood Mediums. I keep my acoustic tuned to D standard for what its worth.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
D-Addario EJ15's for me, I like the feel of the lighter gauge strings, it makes my acoustic feel more like an electric, and thus more at home. When I can afford them I get Elixir coated light gauge stuff.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
dont trust the people in music stores...i went in to get a set of acoustic strings n fothermucker gave me the 'best strings' and theyre sh¡t!
Just picked up a new set, and have them sitting right in front of me...

Martin Acoustic SP 80/20 Bronze Light .012-.054.

Tried Elixir nano-coating, but went back to Martin.
Martin silk and steel. Love them .0115-.047
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!