Page 1 of 2
So I just opened my email from Musician's Friend, and lookie here...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/blacktop?audienceId=16490865&tiid=3804&src=3TP0JE&ZYXSEM=0

Fender just released a new series of their guitar lines with dual humbuckers. Like that's not awesome enough, they're only $450 each.

I was going to get a Jaguar HH Special Edition, but... I might have to go with this one.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
wow those r extremely sexy guitars id get one of those instead of the Jaguar HH
My car is so fast the payments are 3 months behind!
I've never been a fan of HH Teles and Strats, but the Jag and Jazz are pretty sexy! It's about time Fender made an affordable Jazzmaster!
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Damn, I would love the Jazzmaster! not a fan of the tele ones
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Meh,I'd rather just snag an H-H strat body from warmoth and bolt a used American strat neck to it.

Not to say those new models aren't nice looking,but the price has me wary of the quality and workmanship,since I've played my share of sketchy lower end fenders.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Yeah, it's not really a series I could order online with complete confidence, but my past experience with Fenders shows they can pump out great guitars at decent prices. These have me wanting to sell things off just to get some.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Quote by Pink Muse
Yeah, it's not really a series I could order online with complete confidence, but my past experience with Fenders shows they can pump out great guitars at decent prices. These have me wanting to sell things off just to get some.

Yeah,It's definitely a "Try before you buy" series of guitars,but then again,in an ideal situation any guitar is try before you buy.

The tele and strat models don't do much for me,but those Jag and Jazz models look better and better the more I look at them....I might have to look into these more .

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Jesus, and to think I almost went and bought one of the older HH Jags just last week.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
yeah let me know when someone tries it...i want the same jaguar....they are mighty fiiiiiiiiiiine....cant stop staring
damn,i really want one. might get it soon and prob change the humbuckers......its what ive been looking for.........thanks pink muse. u made me a happy man...and the missus extremely pi%%ed off...but hey-thats the way the cookie crumbles...its the price we pay for....ROCK!
Quote by rajandmaria
just found out- they are made in mexico

$450 Fender and it's made in Mexico!!?!? No shit!
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
$450 Fender and it's made in Mexico!!?!? No shit!

Also, come on man, triple post? They invented this nice little doodad called the "edit button." :/
Quote by Wisthekiller

I like the Jazzmaster. Seems like that's what the people like. It looks like a good guitar for modifications.
Great price for a Jazzmaster. I agree couldn't buy this blind, would HAVE to try one before I'd get one.
Call me old fashioned but I prefer 'rock music' that has electric guitars.
Man..I just wish they were real Jazzmasters and Jaguars. They look great but a jazzmaster with a bucker in the bridge? I'd miss the knobs and jazz pickups to much.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Damn being in the UK! guitar prices are ridiculous.
They're £459 compared to in the states where they're only $449! which is £289 over here.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Sep 14, 2010,
I got an Email from Fender this afternoon showing this new line. IMO this is the best news I have seen from Fender yet. I am not a Fender fan at all but I can't wait to try these out. I always hated the twangy, noisy single coil pups and the cheesy trems Fender had on a majority of their guitars.

If I like it after I try it I will probably buy the Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH. I always like the Jag looks and so far haven't found one I would own because I didn't care for the tone. Too bad they do not offer the Jag HH in white.

John
Quote by johnro6659
I I always hated the twangy, noisy single coil pups and the cheesy trems Fender had on a majority of their guitars.

You're gonna need like 20 of these:

NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
mmm, sexy new Fenders. Guess I’ll have to get one in Candy Apple Red to match my SSS strat.
Quote by NosralTserrof
I like the Jazzmasters, but the colors are abysmal.

I love both of those combos But mostly on Strats.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
im in spain..they sell them here for 600 to 700euros.....no wonder we all buy from usa.....
Wow, a dual humbucker strat. Awesome. However... 550 ****ing Euros. Damn you Americans!!
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Every Fender Stratocaster (not squire) since like 2000 or something has been routed for humbuckers, just sayin'.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Quote by guitar nubsauce
Every Fender Stratocaster (not squire) since like 2000 or something has been routed for humbuckers, just sayin'.

Yeah, but that's only Strats, and you still have to buy and install/pay for installation of the pickups and pickguard. This cuts that, and is still less than a Standard Strat.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Very appealing. Got an Email from MF last and almost pulled out my wallet, lol.
Quote by Helicopters!
Does anyone know already how the build quality compares to a Standard Strat?

A guy posted yesterday afternoon saying he'd bought one, but he probably won't get it for a few days. Hopefully he'll do a decent NGD on it.

I'm also going to try to get out to Guitar Center when I can this week/weekend, so if they have any I'm going to try them all.
Quote by Wisthekiller

I dig the Blacktop Jag in silver.

Finally, Fender has a good idea that isn't so contradictory...
^Holy shit that's sexy.

I've been wanting one of these

Except with a pearloid pickguard for a while, and saw that Agile made one, but I may have to consider this now, especially because of the 5 way switch.
I hope they made enough of these to go around. They got a lot of people gassin' right now. There might be riots at the stores.
I agree. I was flamed for posting this concept a few weeks ago, and was bluntly informed that Fender owns enough other companies that fill the super-strat niche. Now it just needs EMGs and a Floyd Rose---- wait! What am I saying?!?!

Those things are damn cheap in the US.

Quote by r0ckth3d34n

Finally, Fender has a good idea that isn't so contradictory...
If they got Original Floyd Roses and startet painting their headstocks and made some more attractable colors I might just consider (for the first time EVER) buying a Fender?

Fender often has dull looks!
With that said I've always been drooling away when David Gilmour plays his strats! ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by TheBloodstained
If they got Original Floyd Roses and startet painting their headstocks and made some more attractable colors I might just consider (for the first time EVER) buying a Fender?
Then they would just be Jacksons.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
any idea when they will be available in the UK? prices? i hope its not going to be £449, surely the exchange rate will help?!
Page 1 of 2