Page 1 of 2
Hey guys. So today a guy I knew from church died after a three year struggle with leukemia. This kid was a testament to how unfair life is. He was a good kid and didn't deserve cancer. He deserved to graduate with the rest of us earlier this summer. He deserved to go to college. He deserved a life. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. But we shouldn't grieve long. Instead we should celebrate the life that he had.

To make this a legitimate thread and not just a blog, tell stories of awesome people you knew that had their end too soon.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
My mom.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
My Grandma, she was 60 and she died of diabetes. It was 10 years ago this year.

to all!
STಠ_ಠ
Todd Kaelber, my best friend's dad on motorcycle. Awesome man. One month later, his twin brother died of cancer. Their last trip together was to be that motorcycle trip they never got to take.
A guy I knew was killed in a drunk driving accident 3 days after we all graduated. All of the band seniors went on a trip to California. One day we woke up and one of the parents told us he died earlier that morning. I didn't know him that well but had been to school with him my entire life and he was an amazing artist.

EDIT: ^Now that's depressing

DOUBLEEDIT: I live in a town of about 2,000 to 2,500. My graduating class was about 80. I found my classmate's picture on Google on the first page.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Sep 14, 2010,
I feel horrible for laughing at your name.

My condolences, to you and his family.

Personally, I've never known anyone that close who's died... I consider myself lucky, so far.
That's awful, I lost my dad to lymphoma. Its good to see that you're taking a lot away from the experience, ie. that life needs to be enjoyed to the fullest as cliche as that sounds.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Karma nor Justice really exist.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
had a good buddy/brother-in-law have a successful liver transplant only to be hit and killed by a train less than a year later
Originally Posted by Landman
Traded a 1990 Calloway Driver for a 2001 Fender Bass

Quote by dubes216
WIN!!!!

Quote by FRr3AkOnALEaSh
You must of jizzed yourself knowing you made a deal like that ^.^
My Grandpa was 65 when he died of Emphizema (sp.?). I was only 5, so I barely knew him. But there are times I wish I could've gotten to know him. He was a testament to what hard work can achieve. He earned his CPA certificate and eventually left my Grandma a rich woman when he died. I know she misses him too...
I stopped going near the curch when the pastor died of some unknown horrible disease wich killed him in half a year. It happened when I was 6.
My Uncle at 41, my Nan at 70, my Grandad at 79, and my great uncle at 82, all in the space of two years. It's after that I learnt how to really deal with death. On a side note, both my Grandad and his son, my uncle died on the toilet of heart disease. My nan's death was hardest as it managed to cause a large rift in that side of the family.....
My uncle died of a sudden heart attack last year at the age of 60, he was in good health, completely unexpected...my grandma and grandpa are still alive, who I really sympathize for, they have outlived three of their children so far
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
My uncle died of a heart attack at 25, he wasn't overweight either, my mom's side has a history of heart disease. I never got to meet him, and my mom told me that he loved drumming. I wish I could have met him.
A childhood friend and lifelong teammate of mine died this past July 4th. I'm writing an essay about him write now. I'm gonna shit on college for him because he didn't get to go.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
My grandma died when I was around 3. Never got to meet her, at least not that I can remember

I've been lucky enough not to experience anything that now that i'm older.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
there was a girl who i knew from elementary school through to highschool. She was absolutely the kindest soul I have ever met. I NEVER heard a bad word about her.

She had 3 separate fights with cancer, from her early childhood, again in grade 6, and then a final fight in grade 10.

She was essentially the purest person I have ever known, and yet she was plagued all her life. She wasn't one of my closest friends persay; but the fact that all this shit happened to her was absolutely horrible.
My Grandad died of cancer 5 years ago. The doctor told us that he had only 2 weeks, and it struck me like lightning. He was a great person, who loved to travel and most importantly loved his life. I remember when he was lying in the hospital bed telling jokes to us, it really lifted all our hearts, just to know he was happy to see and talk to us.

Yeah, life isn't fair, but we can't do anything about that. But as Arrived+Dparted had said, we should celebrate the life he had instead.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Cherry Sunburst
-Peavey Vypyr 15
-Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10
-Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah pedal
-Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
-Cleartone instrument cable

L.F.C
My best friend passed away from an agressive lung cancer a few months after getting diagnosed... I wasn't able to attend his funeral due to me not being white and his grandparents neo-nazis
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
My neighbor got slammed last year on Christmas, a week after his 16th birthday by some guy going 140 in an 80 zone. Being Kuwaiti in Kuwait, of course he only got his license suspended for 6 months and got essentially no jail time whatsoever.

His dad died a couple of months after him of a heart attack, just goes to show how broken he was inside after the death of his son.

My condolences man. Seiously.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Last edited by Firenze at Sep 14, 2010,
i hate cancer it seems to take away all the best people in life, directly or indirectly
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
My girlfriend was killed in a car accident when I was 16. Almost 4 years later and I still miss her all the time. But life moves on. I've had girlfriends since then and I'll have more and if I've learned anything from it, it's that you need to cherish every second you have with your loved ones, because you may lose them before you get to say goodbye.
PM me for newts
A classmate of mine committed suicide aged 19 because he felt under too much pressure from his parents. He was a really great guy
🙈 🙉 🙊
Diseases knows no creed, race nor religion so yea, life's not fair.

I've lost some loved ones from natural causes but lots of my friends are gone because of Vietnam war, murders and accidents. My girlfriend committed suicide and my friend's 4 kids was murdered.

and the docs ask why I'm depressed like hell.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Cliff Burton Seriously though, after losing their son, then losing another son while he was living out his dream must have been incredibly hard on his parents.

Many people have died from my school. No one that I was more than acquaintances with, but they were all 14/15.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

well at least he gets to go to heaven now
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
All this is ****in' shit. I feel for you guys. I lost a good friend last year, in a motorbike crash.. You never forget it.
133 18 9463 8395 24 22 8358 4939
Quote by megano28
well at least he gets to go to heaven now

lolwut.

OT:That sucks dude, unfortunately everyone experiences loss in their life because everyone dies eventually. Also, like someone said before, disease knows nothing of morals or right or wrong, most of the probability to have a long life is down to luck.

The worry I have about dying is not being remembered, except the dying part itself as that sucks more overall. I hate the thought that I will be forgotten in the vastness of time, to be a name that bares no meaning or significance.
Quote by br33dlove
lolwut.

OT:That sucks dude, unfortunately everyone experiences loss in their life because everyone dies eventually. Also, like someone said before, disease knows nothing of morals or right or wrong, most of the probability to have a long life is down to luck.

The worry I have about dying is not being remembered, except the dying part itself as that sucks more overall. I hate the thought that I will be forgotten in the vastness of time, to be a name that bares no meaning or significance.

In other words, we're nobody.

When it's my time to go I hope my friends misses my guitar playing.

or maybe not.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last year a guy from the year above me in school took a load of mephedrone and hanged himself. It's still pretty depressing to think about, he had left school the year before so I hadn't seen him since then, but he was always a total joker, about the furthest thing you could be from a depressed person.
My friends dad (who was also my 7th grade teacher),was an alcoholic in his younger days, he was having lots of headaches and when he went to the doctor he had a stroke, he was on life support and shit, the machine was doing %90 of the work for him so they had to pull the plug (i actually know a guy who had a stroke, had the machine(s) doing %99 of the work for him and still lived, has trouble walking, alot, very lucky). Damn shitty school year for me, this was at the beginning of grade 8 too.
Quote by gacharya
My best friend passed away from an agressive lung cancer a few months after getting diagnosed... I wasn't able to attend his funeral due to me not being white and his grandparents neo-nazis

That's harsh man, really harsh.
My deepest condolences to the rest of you as well.
my friend joel, he was some kind of mistake never possibly meant for mass production. probably the most chill, weird and awesome guy i ever knew. he had to be off to the expidu farms where he waits smiling upon us all

when i was in 3rd grade the only "cool chick" i knew was killed one morning by a drunk driver.
Last edited by z4twenny at Sep 14, 2010,
My grandmother died at 65. Her liver gave out on her, because she used a lot of Tylenol over the years.

She used it for every ache and pain she had, and eventually it just added up, and totally killed her liver, which ended up killing her.

Don't abuse OTC drugs, guys.
Page 1 of 2