I play worship music at my church and i also play a little blues... I use almost all clean tones so i'm looking for an amp with a lot of clean headroom, i use various pedals to get the overdrive that i'm looking for... i like a fat rich clean tone, something that you can really sink your teeth into! Thanks for all the help!
any budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well when it comes to budget I can swing either way... If one amp is that much better than the other than i can just wait a while longer and save up for that amp. But i'm not sure how i would feel about buying a used amp... i would consider looking into it but i would prefer to buy a new one... ya gotta love that new amp smell!
I considered both these amps a few months back and went with the AC30. Asbolutely fantastic, can get wonderful sparkling cleans, nice solid crunch and takes pedals very well. Stacks of clean headroom as well, you'd have to be playing pretty damn loud to get unwanted breakup. The only downside is that it's an absolute bitch of a thing to carry up and down stairs, which I have to pretty much every time I gig.
if you'd rather go new, that's fair enough. Unless I get an absolutely smoking deal, i prefer to go new, too.

what budget is that? I don't know what country you're in, there might be other amps available at the same money or less which'd also work...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
based on your screen name i wouldn't say a vox is best. mayer's tone is more fendery than voxy.

just throwing that out there.

try a fender custom vibrolux reverb. 35-40 watts, should have enough headroom for most churches. loves pedals.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Used amps are a GREAT deal. Chck it out and make sure it's legit. Of those 2 either will work for your genre but I would lean toward the Fender for the blues aspect. If you're talking about which amp is just a better unit (giggity), VOX wins hands down.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
One of the main things about used gear is that thousands of people buy a nice guitar and nice amp and tell themselves they're gonna learn how to play. 10 years later they never learned and so they put their gear on ebay and clist at a great bargain just to make room in their closet.

And that's where we swoop in.
Quote by Seref
One of the main things about used gear is that thousands of people buy a nice guitar and nice amp and tell themselves they're gonna learn how to play. 10 minutes later they never learned and so they put their gear on ebay and clist at a great bargain just to make room in their closet.

fixed.

i still think a vibrolux is the way to go here.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Depends on the tone you're looking for. Fenders have a warm well rounded tone and they tend to be bassy. Vox is more of a sharp clean with attention in the highs.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
If these are the options then AC30 hands down. If you want a comparable Fender I'd look into a Deluxe Reverb or see if you can find a used Twin (pretty common) or Super Reverb (a bit rarer).
Wait, Vox AC30s are around the same price bracket as HRDs?

Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Quote by Seref
One of the main things about used gear is that thousands of people buy a nice guitar and nice amp and tell themselves they're gonna learn how to play. 10 years later they never learned and so they put their gear on ebay and clist at a great bargain just to make room in their closet.

true. but how do you differentiate between the person selling because he/she couldn't be bothered to learn, and the person selling because it's broken or not quite right? If they're that new, how do you know if he/she looked after it properly? Etc. I mean, I'm not suggesting that every single person selling something is trying to rip you off, lol, but an odd one is. Overstating the risks isn't helping anyone, but neither is underestimating them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gbgg9409
Wait, Vox AC30s are around the same price bracket as HRDs?

Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
dose the hot rod deluxe break up or get like an overdrive sound when you turn up the volume on the clean channel???
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Quote by vacant_pistol
Dude, this is Ultimate-Guitar.com
Opinions means fact, man.

Quote by sickstring11
Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? Yes, but I do anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
Quote by soul_power
Depends on the tone you're looking for. Fenders have a warm well rounded tone and they tend to be bassy. Vox is more of a sharp clean with attention in the highs.

Funny, that. Having used both amps numerous times both live and in the studio, I'd have said the complete opposite.

And here comes the confusion....
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.