So yeah, above. It's my guitar, and I know it's nothing special, but I've heard it doesn't really matter what your guitar is when gigging cause you can't even hear that much of the tone, it's more about eq and stuff like that. So, any help/advice? I'll only be using it a Battle of the Bands and maybe a couple more gigs at the most probably.
Sending a dummy to my God.

It's certainly possible to gig with it, just make sure you keep it in tune religiously, cheaper guitars aren't too good at holding tuning under those kinds of conditions.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's certainly possible to gig with it, just make sure you keep it in tune religiously, cheaper guitars aren't too good at holding tuning under those kinds of conditions.

Yeah, I've noticed during practices before hahah. But, it won't make that significant of a tone difference than if I was using a much more expensive guitar?

The RG-120 should be fine for gigging. I've seen people gig with squires plus your amp contributes more to tone then your guitar.
I leik music
Quote by protest000
Yeah, I've noticed during practices before hahah. But, it won't make that significant of a tone difference than if I was using a much more expensive guitar?

Yes, it will. But the audience really won't be thinking about your tone
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by protest000

It'll do well enough, I have no idea how much difference it'll make to your tone as I don't know what amp you're running; different amps respond differently to changes in tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
you shouldn`t have any problems gigging with it, make sure you have a backup guitar when gigging, and a pedal tuner to cover any tuning problems, although a proper setup should minimise this.
Quote by Burgery
Yes, it will. But the audience really won't be thinking about your tone

this. many people that come to see your gigs will likely be non musicians and therefor would probably not be able to tell the difference. but it still doesn't make much difference anyway, really it's the amp and pedals that give you most of your tone.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Dude just put on a wakky costume and crank up the gain, and you will win!!!! Trust me thats what i did and we killed!!!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
I say sure, why not? I used a cheap Ibanez RX170 for a bunch of gigs when I was starting out. Nothing wrong with a cheap guitar as long as it sounds good and you play it well.
Yea grab another rg120 two really cool straps nd a pedal tuner. Possibley a badass clowwn wig
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
ok perhaps this will help. yes a better guitar will help your tone provded the rest of your gear is able to get that across to your audience. a custom shop les paul probably won't sound much if any better than an epi LP through a 30 watt MG.

as mentioned a decent amp can at least in part make up for a les that great guitar. audiences may not be able to tell a mediocre tone however if your sound is total crap they will know that.

a well played song will win over the audience more than a really nice guitar.