hello UG its been awhile for me and im glad to be back haha well heres another annoying how to thread but anyways
i am starting a post hardcore type band and the band that im looking to sound like is like a day to remember with a singer with some screaming from time to time but most of their songs sound happy yet still heavy like downfall of us all,homesick,another song about the weekend but when i write riffs their al dark like asking alexandrias final episode but not as good as them haha but is theuir any tips that you can send my way as far as chord pattwers/scales to use ?
Quote by diofan88
If by knife you mean penis, and by shred you mean sex

then im soo with you

SHAKE AND BAKE
Defining the sound of the band before it starts is never a good idea.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
Defining the sound of the band before it starts is never a good idea.

im confused by your tactics
Quote by diofan88

then im soo with you

SHAKE AND BAKE
Quote by Davetastic11
im confused by your tactics

Just write the music. Whatever genre it happens to be will be the genre that it is.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
but i dont like the music i write like i can only think of either really dark stuff or really happy i want something kind of in the middle
Quote by diofan88

then im soo with you

SHAKE AND BAKE
Quote by Davetastic11
but i dont like the music i write like i can only think of either really dark stuff or really happy i want something kind of in the middle

If you don't like the music you write, just write more. It's half experience, and half confidence. A happy song to you may be a sad song to others. It's all in the ear of the listener.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Before you get a band together you can't say your going to be this and that. You will be forcing yourself and other members to be writing something which isn't natural to you and it won't work as well.

Best tip ever. Go with the flow.

Just read and practise alot of ADTR music and similar artists and it will filter out into your own music.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
ok ill tryi and see what happens haha if not theirs always gonna be aqnother band
Quote by diofan88

then im soo with you

SHAKE AND BAKE
I understand what you're saying. You, personally, cannot write the music you want to write. We all have this problem here to some degree. The best thing to do is analyze the music you want to write and then practice.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
I understand what you're saying. You, personally, cannot write the music you want to write. We all have this problem here to some degree. The best thing to do is analyze the music you want to write and then practice.

yeah you figured it out lol i just gotta play with some other guys and pick up things from other players
Quote by diofan88

then im soo with you

SHAKE AND BAKE
Quote by Davetastic11
yeah you figured it out lol i just gotta play with some other guys and pick up things from other players

That works too. Other people are a great source of inspiration.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Davetastic11
hello UG its been awhile for me and im glad to be back haha well heres another annoying how to thread but anyways
i am starting a post hardcore type band and the band that im looking to sound like is like a day to remember with a singer with some screaming from time to time but most of their songs sound happy yet still heavy like downfall of us all,homesick,another song about the weekend but when i write riffs their al dark like asking alexandrias final episode but not as good as them haha but is theuir any tips that you can send my way as far as chord pattwers/scales to use ?

uhhhhh..........
CoB>FoB
"I am just a man, with a heart and sinful hands"

Gear:
Washburn Idol WI68
Washburn x-series floyd rose
Full stack Laney
other shitty amps/pedals/guitars
M-audio Interface
http://www.myspace.com/northwayrocks

these guys are a really good example of the music i would like to write how its heavy yet soft i just cant seem to find chord progressions/riffs to use
Quote by diofan88

then im soo with you

SHAKE AND BAKE