Page 1 of 2
People of UG!! Hi

Its been long since I have posted in the Pit. Anyway I was watching some videos on you tube and I saw a lot of comments talking about this thing that all metal heads "suppose" to do on the 25th of September. It basically says that on that date we all should open and watch a certain Metallica video so we can increase the number of views of that vid and become the most viewed video on youtube. Personal I dont think that is possible because the video currently has like 28 million views. and the current most viewed video on youtube is a Lady gaga or something video and it has like +200 million views! so what do you guys think? are u gonna do it? or do u think whats the point? and who is the world started this think? u dont think Lars did it do ya?

Rock on!
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Nah I don't like metallica
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I would but I don't like metallica, nor do I listen solely to metal and refer to myself as the "MetalHead" stereotype.
Quote by Holy Katana
Isn't the 25th the anniversary of Cliff's death?

That's the 27th. But close enough.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Nah, I'd rather enjoy good music.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Metallica? Why? They're already super famous. Finding some good underground band and doing this would be cool, a good cause, and I would likely support it
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
oh well
its a nice vid anyway. coz Russians fans rock man lol
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
There`s really an indefinate number of metal groups who are better musicians and songwriters than metallica

I mean seriously, half their catalouge is really just some dumbed down trucker music, I'd rather hear the abbott bros and phil anselmo scream about his muscles for half an hour
I hate the phrase rock on.

I don't know why.

It just makes me irritated.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'll do it.

Why?

Avril Lavigne posted on her website once telling her fans to go to her Girlfriend music video on youtube and keep refreshing it.

Look at all the top hits on youtube. Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga..
I don't care for Metallica but come on guys. Wouldn't you rather see Metallica as number one instead of Miley Cyrus?
Quote by piratemetalhead
There`s really an indefinate number of metal groups who are better musicians and songwriters than metallica

I mean seriously, half their catalouge is really just some dumbed down trucker music, I'd rather hear the abbott bros and phil anselmo scream about his muscles for half an hour

Quote by valennic

I don't know why.

oh why lol? anyway

rock on bro..
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Quote by Dirge Humani
It makes me rock hard.

hawt.

OT- not gonna do it.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

See, i don't like this sort of thing.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by TechnicolorType
I'll do it.

Why?

Avril Lavigne posted on her website once telling her fans to go to her Girlfriend music video on youtube and keep refreshing it.

I don't care for Metallica but come on guys. Wouldn't you rather see Metallica as number one instead of Miley Cyrus?

No, mainly because I know that I like the music I like and don't need the approval of the masses to enforce that.
Lol Metallica hate, I bet you all loved them at one stage in your life.
Quote by TechnicolorType
I'll do it.

Why?

Us brits got rage against the machine to Xmas number one last year, that was cool.

A the same time though, i really don't care who's number one. My music is mine and mine alone.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by valennic

I don't know why.

ROCK ON!!!!!!! YEA
anyway naw thats a stupid idea. cause bread and toast are like ketchup in cornbread.
I care who's number one. Everytime I go on Youtube I get super depressed because the earth is overrun with stupid.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Metallica sucks

Open up Hell Bent For Leather or Painkiller instead
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Duffman123

lol
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Quote by Burgery
I care who's number one. Everytime I go on Youtube I get super depressed because the earth is overrun with stupid.

I bet you most people on this forum love he fact that half of the bands thy listen to are unknown and 'underground'.

I need to stop making assumptions.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Us brits got rage against the machine to Xmas number one last year, that was cool.

A the same time though, i really don't care who's number one. My music is mine and mine alone.

I heard about that. Sounded pretty great. xD

But as to what the above poster said, I am with some bands and not with the others.
Metallica really isn't underground to begin with. They're pretty popular. Even some Cyrus lovers know of them.

But I mean, even so.. I'd rather the current generation be more interested in any form of good music. I don't care for Metallica. I don't think they're bad though and they've put together some pretty good music. Anyone with some slight music knowledge can easily say they have far much more talent than what's on top 40 right now so I'd rather the young teens looking through the top videos see Metallica over all the other garbage. They might like it and start listening to better music.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Sep 14, 2010,
If they picked a better band, then yes I'm in.

Could really care less about Metallica, personally.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by Duffman123

I still like Metallica, but it's funny to annoy kids who think they're the best band ever.
Quote by sjones
If they picked a better band, then yes I'm in.

Could really care less about Metallica, personally.

I think you mean you couldn't care less.
Quote by TechnicolorType

Nono, he could.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by TechnicolorType

But I mean, even so.. I'd rather the current generation be more interested in any form of good music. I don't care for Metallica. I don't think they're bad though and they've put together some pretty good music. Anyone with some slight music knowledge can easily say they have far much more talent than what's on top 40 right now so I'd rather the young teens looking through the top videos see Metallica over all the other garbage. They might like it and start listening to better music.

u r making a good point dude
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Quote by TechnicolorType
I heard about that. Sounded pretty great. xD

But as to what the above poster said, I am with some bands and not with the others.
Metallica really isn't underground to begin with. They're pretty popular. Even some Cyrus lovers know of them.

A lot of people in the top 40 are pretty talented, though.

Liking music and loving music are different things, that's the point. I'll never appreciate the mona lisa if i'm honest, yeah it's an a good drawing or whatever but i couldn't look at it for fun if you see what i'm getting at. I could enjoy a lot of paintings that most real painters/artists would scoff at, though, and I'm fine with that.

Not sure if i made my point clear. I'm pretty tired.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by TechnicolorType

Ha, you're right.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Say we pick....i dunno....Protest the Hero or Bloodbath I'd be doing my fair share to help the cause.

Haha, Bloodbath's Eaten would be awesome.....or anything by PtH.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Page 1 of 2