So I heard today that a FR on an Ibanez wears out really easily, I'm finding that kinda hard to believe myself, perhaps one of you guys could tell me more?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post the thread as well, if it is, please direct me to a better location
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Last edited by lefthandedkid at Sep 14, 2010,
The Edge III tremolo systems, in particular, are made with inferior metal and the knife edges tend to wear out simply because they're not made out of high quality steel.

Their other trem systems (Edge Pro, Lo-Pro Edge, Edge Zero, Original Edge) don't have that problem because they're made out of better metal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
lets say I have an RG5EX1 for example, they come with an Edge III, how much would it be to get a better FR put in?
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Quote by lefthandedkid
lets say I have an RG5EX1 for example, they come with an Edge III, how much would it be to get a better FR put in?

It would require some Modification to the body, so you'd need to take it to a tech, there's a guy who did a thread on it to do it yourself, I'll try to find it for you.
But I think OFR's are about $90+/- on ebay.
how about a better Edge in it?
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
well the edge 3 many people say is just terrible for that ive have my rg for a while(two years and while i dont go vai on it i do use it alot and ive had no problems with it
Quote by lefthandedkid
how about a better Edge in it?

i know the edge pro is a direct drop in replacement for the edge lll
Quote by supersac
i know the edge pro is a direct drop in replacement for the edge lll

Yeah, I'd just go ahead and do that.
Seems like a lot easier, and cheaper. Plus you don't have to worry about damaging your baby
how would do Edge Pro's run usually?
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
Quote by lefthandedkid
how would do Edge Pro's run usually?

Just searched it on ebay and they ran about $250.

So best bet would go and ask a guitar tech for their rates, or buy a guitar with an OFR?
looks like I'm taking a trip up to a Guitar Center as soon as possible to see what they can bring in for me to look at, being left handed makes everything harder T_T

so what ever brands besides Jackson use FR's?
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
Quote by lefthandedkid
looks like I'm taking a trip up to a Guitar Center as soon as possible to see what they can bring in for me to look at, being left handed makes everything harder T_T

so what ever brands besides Jackson use FR's?

Schecter
Ibanez
Charvel
I've seen a Prs with one
Uh...
Plenty of brands... lol.
Forgot about Schecter, don't see a lot of Charvel's these days either

So some Ibanez come with FR's? or only Edge's?

(complete derp moment there, mind slowed heavily due to illness)
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
Most guitar brands make a FR version of something in their inventory.
Quote by lefthandedkid
Forgot about Schecter, don't see a lot of Charvel's these days either

So some Ibanez come with FR's? or only Edge's?

(complete derp moment there, mind slowed heavily due to illness)

Trust me man, I know. I'm sick as a dog at the moment.
But I believe so.
Most every brand comes with something FR.
Some Gibsons too.
I don't think I've seen a fender, but I'm sure there's one out there.
only fender that I can fathom possibly having one is a strat
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
Wait. You said "you heard they wear out" and you "find it hard to believe".
So what is the problem? It seems to me that your trem is just fine.
Just leave it be. If something should happen to it, worry about it then. You might come across another guitar that you might like to trade for - and the money you dump fixing your non-broken trem might come in handy.
Last edited by 667 at Sep 14, 2010,
Quote by 667
Wait. You said "you heard they wear out" and you "find it hard to believe".
So what is the problem? It seems to me that your trem is just fine.
Just leave it be. If something should happen to it, worry about it then. You might come across another guitar that you might like to trade for - and the money you dump fixing your non-broken trem might come in handy.

Yeah if your vibrato bar is working for you, and your not raping it every other lick, you should be fine.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
no no, I don't have a FR or an Edge in any of my guitars, I just heard about it and wondered what is a good alternative or fix for that
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?