So I was set on a Barber Tone Press but I was looking over my expenses for school this year and there is no way I'm going to be able to afford that and the Nova Delay I'm planning on getting. I was looking at cheaper compressors, tried the MXR Dyna Comp and the Boss CS-3 and didn't really care for either. I was wondering if anyone has used the GFS Sweet Sparkle . I haven't seen any reviews on it but I was surprised that the clips on GFS sounded pretty good given that the clips for their other pedals sound terrible. However, they did sound good when gearmandude demoed them on youtube. The description says it doesn't "plump up your tone" and is a more subtle compressor which is exactly what I'm looking for. Something more transparent and smooth sounding. I was also eying the BBE Opto Stomp as a lot of rock players were praising the reviews for being subtle where as a lot of country players were hating it for the same reason .
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
bump
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i think they're slightly modified biyangs (how modified, i have no idea). I have a couple of biyangs, and they sound pretty good... when they work. I've had horrible problems with reliability with mine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ultimately you might just have to drop the money and try the pedal. I have looked a the GFS pedals but last thing I need is another pedal. I haven't had one to look at but its probably just a clone of a ross pedal.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Barber Tone Press is only 150, right? I'd try and stretch for that, personally.

Look on the used market on Harmony Central, too.

Yeah, it's $150 but that's a pretty decent stretch of $100.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm