Which guitar should I buy for mostly punk.

Epiphone firebird or Epiphone Les Paul PlusTop, or a fender telecaster? How are the quality of epiphones and fenders these days? Any other brands maybe I should look for? I'm also open to other guitars that have the honeyburst colour. I really like the colour which is one of the reasons im getting a les paul.

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/1226/Guitars/Electric/Epiphone/Les_Paul_Standard_Plus_-_Honeyburst.htm

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/7522/Guitars/Electric/Epiphone/Firebird_Studio_-_Worn_Cherry.htm

http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=products&ProductsID=716

Thanks in Advance
well my budget would be600 dollars. I prefer anything but a flying v or guitars that are similar. I have a cube20x that I plan on upgrading later. I also have an RP500
Epiphone dot standard?
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Epiphone firebirds are awesome in my book, and have nice tuners. Ibanez AS73 maybe?
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
In my opinion, you should check some Jackson's. The first guitar i ever bought was a JS21 dinky by Jackson and i really like the tone, not to mention it was only 300 dollars. and since they aren't too expensive you could probably use some of your leftover money on upgrading it =)
Quote by blacklotus90
In my opinion, you should check some Jackson's. The first guitar i ever bought was a JS21 dinky by Jackson and i really like the tone, not to mention it was only 300 dollars. and since they aren't too expensive you could probably use some of your leftover money on upgrading it =)

this.
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
how would I upgrade the jackson guitar? Would I have to do it by myself? or could I take it to a shop, since Im not that familiar in that part of guitars
thanks duckmaggot =D and for the TS i think it would have the "punk" sound that you're looking for
by upgrading it i meant changing your pickups to whatever type you prefer, but it is definitely not needed. i did absolutely nothing to my jackson and its still the guitar that i use the most after 7 years =)
im not too sure about what else you could do as far as upgrades because i'm not really a fan of changing things on my guitars but im sure if you went to your local store they could tell you a few things you could do
Quote by corrupt_freedom
so what would be a good jackson thats 400-500 besides your dinky

well you could look into a rhoads model. the rx10d is 500.
although i recommend saving a little more and just getting the rr3 for 700.
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
What kinda punk? I've seen lots of people say "punk" and then someone thinks Sex Pistols-punk when you meant Billy Talent-punk.

I personally don't see any problems with the Mexi Tele....I mean unless you plan on playing metal as well the tele should be perfect.
well im its sum 41, mcr and breaking benjamin. stuff like that. I think thats punk idk if it actually is though
Quote by siverstorm
What kinda punk?
I personally don't see any problems with the Mexi Tele....I mean unless you plan on playing metal as well the tele should be perfect.

Jim Root... John 5....
Anywho, TS, all of those guitars look just dandy for most any kind of music
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
If I had a choice out of the three I would choose the Epi Firebird first, they are versitile, they have a good tone, killer looks and are easy to play. I have bought, owned and sold several over the years and they are great guitars. I still have my 95 Epi Firebird I love it. My second choice would be the LP, Epi LPs are pretty versitile and bullet proof they have a good tone and are easy to play as well. I wouldn't even consider a Tele I do not care for them at all. Tone, looks and playability IMHO is just not any good. In over 40 years of playing I never found a Tele I liked, one came close but it was highly modified and way over priced.

John
Quote by simpleben09
Jim Root... John 5....
Anywho, TS, all of those guitars look just dandy for most any kind of music

They use buckers and have normal hardtails, the mexi tele is a tele bridge and singles.

It's never impossible it's just not going to sound "metal"
Quote by siverstorm
They use buckers and have normal hardtails, the mexi tele is a tele bridge and singles.

It's never impossible it's just not going to sound "metal"

I'm pretty sure John 5 uses singles on plenty of his teles, and a lot of them have typical tele bridges
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
If you're looking to play the mainstream punk and alt rock type stuff, stay away from the Jacksons. They're a Shredding guitar, plus the entry level models are junk. Stick with the LP, or go with something like a PRS SE Custom or something like that.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by simpleben09
I'm pretty sure John 5 uses singles on plenty of his teles, and a lot of them have typical tele bridges

Kay, John 5 has two teles, hardtail & bucker/single.
Bigsby & single/single. Aside from metal he also plays country or something country-sounding.

Jim Root plays on either his tele or his strat both have 2 EMGs and a hardtail.

Really it took me less than a minute to google that.