So as you can see from my gear below, I have a pretty decent rig going. As well as the ESP, I have a Yamaha Pacifica with a JB for playing in drop tunings so I'm pretty set for guitars. I don't appreciate having only the one channel on my amp as it makes switching from clean to distortion very hard, but I love the clean sounds and heavy sounds I can get after tweaking it. The Laney VH100R would be perfect for me.

Anyway, I've got a bit of cash to spend, say $1000 AU. Any recommendations for fun pedals or other things that will make a good addition to what I have now? New tubes maybe? A separate amp for cleans?

EDIT: Would a Laney VC15/30 on clean be able to match the volume of the GH at drummer levels when distorted?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Sep 14, 2010,
I highly doubt the VC would have that much clean headroom. As for fun pedals, a Phaser is always nice and a delay pedal would be incredibly useful.

How much will a VH100R run you? It might be worth it to save up for it rather than blow your money on pedals, especially since you don't seem to need anything atm.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Yeah a phaser would be cool. I already have a delay pedal too.

A VH100R could go for between $1000-1500 used (head+cab). And I could probably flip my amp for the same price. Only problem is it is very rare that such amps come up for sale. Just the head new would cost about $2000 i think so if i sold my head for about a grand that could be a good option.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Sep 14, 2010,