...and it's a modeler! I expect to see it in GC soon, but its gonna be terrible.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
IIRC Fender has done modeling amps before. The G-Dec comes to mind.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The Super Champ and Vibro Champ are modelers and they're great little practice amps. You never know. They might be good.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Quote by Sguit
uh...

cool blog... bro?

How do you know it's gonna be terrible?
Why are you making this thread if you have nothing smart to say?
Can you tell us why you think it will suck?
Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentation
then remake the thread

Other than sarcasm what did you add to this thread?

OT: we live in a new era of amps and gear....i mean, can you believe that solid state amps were once more popular than tube amps? I'll look forward to hearing this and maybe testing it out somewhere, but I'll keep my straightforward tube tone.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
What are these new amps called?

And fender modelers are alright. Not Vetta level, but alright for the price.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Fender's been making modelers forever... G-DEC, Super/Vibro Champ, Cyber-twin, etc. Some were good, some were pitifull... it's yet to be seen with this one.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by NosralTserrof
...and it's a modeler! I expect to see it in GC soon, but its gonna be terrible.

what are tomorrow's lottery numbers?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by BrokenDstring
OT: we live in a new era of amps and gear....i mean, can you believe that solid state amps were once more popular than tube amps?
Wut? With beginners maybe, but among professional guitarists tube amps have always been the most popular. Only now modelling is starting to come into its own are SS amps starting to get popular with serious musicians.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Wut? With beginners maybe, but among professional guitarists tube amps have always been the most popular. Only now modelling is starting to come into its own are SS amps starting to get popular with serious musicians.

No, seriously. When the first solid state amps came out they were all the rage and tube amps became second fiddle for a while because solid state was the "new technology".
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I didn't think the GDEC was all that bad and the SuperChamp is a great amp. Not really sure why it has to be a hate thread right out of the gate (OP)

+1

You can't tell us anything except 'its gonna be a modeler' and you think you can guess the quality of it? Form an opinion, don't borrow one next time.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by BrokenDstring
No, seriously. When the first solid state amps came out they were all the rage and tube amps became second fiddle for a while because solid state was the "new technology".

All the rage with marketing firms and amp manufacturers maybe... With artists? No, never unless by 'all the rage' you mean people were trying them. Of course when something new comes out it experiences a big bump in sales because people want to see how it holds up... Does that mean its good, or respected? Not at all.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by BrokenDstring

I've been playing for 30 years and I don't remember them being all the rage at all. You'd see a lot around but everybody that played them (including me) wished they had a tube amp like Page, Blackmore, Iommi, Gilmour, Clapton, Hendrix, etc and usually upgraded to one once they had the money. People used them for the same reason that they do now - they were cheap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yea how is this still open?

if it's blonde with oxblood, i'm buying one.
Quote by nightraven
the bashing about the new amp is almost as stupid as the last thread about them being closed

Oh snap, everyone run!!!

Anyways, Fender actually makes pretty decent molding amps surprisingly, sure not as great as a tube amp, but not bad for the price.
They're called the Mustang series of amps (confusing, I know).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGTYgrbkNxs

They sound OK.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by nightraven
why shouldnt it be open?

it's a hate thread with absolutely no point?

no real amp specified, or any real information.

it'd be like making a thread.

"SD is making new pick ups, and they suck". before anyone on earth even knows what model etc?

or did you just troll me there?
I just posted a video with a link to a demo of the new Fender Mustang Modelling amps earlier in the thread, if anyone gives a damn.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
I just posted a video with a link to a demo of the new Fender Mustang Modelling amps earlier in the thread, if anyone gives a damn.

haha yeah, I saw that.

It doesn't sound awful. It's just another modeler.

Nothing improved over the normal practice modelers. Just new name and new look.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
but what you guys dont get (like i said before) is that this a beginners/intermediate's amp

recording, volume and effects in an amp which is not expensive

it was called mustang for a reason imo
we have no way of knowing what amp the TS is referring to.

he mentions no actual model.

the mustang is speculation.
I dont think fender would make a crappy sounding amp, in todays market its all about bang for buck, if the WWW isnt giving it decent reviews it aint gunna sell.
Quote by nightraven
well we're talking about the mustang here

great.

i prefer camaros though honestly.
Quote by beckyjc
I dont think fender would make a crappy sounding amp, in todays market its all about bang for buck, if the WWW isnt giving it decent reviews it aint gunna sell.

errrm - Frontman?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100