so i got an invitation to talk about a vacant position in a big local band. Im really excited but at the same time Im also feeling very nervous and kinda intimidated by them because they are like 5 years older and far more experienced than I am....and they are working on an album >_> i responded to their email and hopefully i get a chance to audition but im REALLY nervous and feeling kinda intimidated
Dude... they contacted you. If anything you should be feeling excited.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

cool story bra
Quote by Owenlee55
Well, my penis smells of fecieas and my anus smells of semen...
I don't know much about it from a music standpoint but being around people that are better than you is about the best motivation you can get to improve yourself in my opinion. Being intimidated isn't really needed...If you're not quite as good as them, just think of them as your unnofficial teachers? Goodluck btw
It's okay, you'll do fine. Just keep your cool and don't freak out
Good luck, man!
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Don't be intimidated. I got an old acquaintance. He's in a band with a bunch of older guys. But he's very talented. TS, if these guys came to you, they must think you're very talented.

So, go and audition! Have a hell of an audition! I say you'll do great, man.
Leave a good first impression.
Else you're screwed.
Oh and don't be a dick. Just go and enjoy yourself.
Good luck, man! Just play it cool, and play your best. Don't try and show off, unless everything you are going to show off you are sure you have a firm grip on.
Just picture the band naked.....and that they have much, much smaller penises that you do. If that doesn't do that trick, **** the lead singer's girlfriend and/or mom.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
If you act like a timid pussy they aren't gonna let you be in the band... so def cut that out.
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
My first band consisted of three guys in their thirties that my mom worked with and probably banged abroad.

How's that for intimidating?
Been there, that exact same position. Don't be afraid, you're gonna learn...lots. But nervousness will bring you down, it did for me...
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
That's probably one of the most insightful things I've ever read in the Pit.
Grats, TS

Bastard Chain UG profile - Here
Quote by BananaMartyr
I don't know much about it from a music standpoint but being around people that are better than you is about the best motivation you can get to improve yourself in my opinion. Being intimidated isn't really needed...If you're not quite as good as them, just think of them as your unnofficial teachers? Goodluck btw

i totally agree, when im playing a sport with guys who suck i feel like im pulled down to their level and i start to play awful. same thing with music, you play with guys who are good you won't slack off and screw around or you wont be making easy to play pop songs. play with guys who suck you will slack a ton and sound like shit come showtime because you didn't try hard enough. but thats just how i feel about it.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by sjones
Just picture the band naked.....and that they have much, much smaller penises that you do. If that doesn't do that trick, **** the lead singer's girlfriend and/or mom.

You win the internet
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Dude, this is your way into the big time. I would kill to have that opportunity. Lately I've all but given up on finding a serious band.

Just be confident. It's easier said than done, but just act sure of yourself and do your best.
Quote by irweojhy903!ier
Show them that you don't need them and you're better.
Quit right now and put out a solo album

lmfao i burst out laughing man

do this
Quote by irweojhy903!ier
Show them that you don't need them and you're better.
Quit right now and put out a solo album

Then ask them to be in your band
Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Then ask them to be in your band

better yet, change their style of music to something completely opposite
Quote by psycho826
better yet, change their style of music to something completely opposite

Like polka.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Don't turn down an opportunity like that. Second last show i played, one band had just released their second album, the other just went into recording for their second album, they are all in their early/mid twenties, i think some of them are almost 30, all my band is 16 except my drummer who is 14, our next show is with a bunch of middle aged guys in a death metal band, it makes you look SOOOO much better when you play with guys older than you, get's you alot of rep, it's working with my band... and it can (and has) led to connections that can be VERY beneficial in the future. Take every show you can get, unless you are losing money, but even then it can be worth it, my band is going to show we'll probably just make the money we invested into it back, but there will be 300 new people that will have seen us live, were travelling to a completely different area for it too.
Even if you botch the audition tell them you're willing to learn and practice and give 110%. I know for one I would much rather have dedicated people rather than talented undedicated people.
Quote by SteveHouse
Dude... they contacted you. If anything you should be feeling excited.

^This. Unless you contacted them first. Then all you can do is your damnedest.

Completely off topic: I can's believe damnedest is in Google chromes spell-check dictionary.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness