SO today i bought a 6505 plus slant cab and a line 6 spider iv 150 watt just to get by, and when i got home and plugged it in, the volume didnt go high at all. i dont know if its the head? or the amp? i have the speaker cord running into the headphone output. do i need a cord with two ends to put into the left and right 8 ohm inputs?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol... Sig this if you like bagels.
Wait...

Your headphone out is plugged into the cabinet? Try plugging it into the 'speaker output' jack labeled on the back of your head.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Theres 2 different jacks for speakers. left and right. running both at 8ohms. when i plug it in to either one, it doesnt do anything. do i have to wait awhile or something? this is confusing the sheit out of me man, its weird.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol... Sig this if you like bagels.
Well the headphone jack is also labeled direct out. so will buying a cable that will plug into both inputs fix the volume problem? or do you think its the wiring in the head itself?
Are you sure that the OHM's match up?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by sixxstringfool
Well the headphone jack is also labeled direct out. so will buying a cable that will plug into both inputs fix the volume problem? or do you think its the wiring in the head itself?

No, headphone jack or direct out means it's a line level out of your preamp for recording purposes, it's not a speaker out.

Find the speaker out jack, and plug your cab into that, it should be on the back of the amp, and have a voltage, wattage, and ohm rating.
I dont know how to do the ratings and shit. do i unscrew the back off? cuz the only options are the 2 outjacks for the left and right speakers, headphone/out jack that will fit a quarter inch speaker cord.
Quote by sixxstringfool
I dont know how to do the ratings and shit. do i unscrew the back off? cuz the only options are the 2 outjacks for the left and right speakers, headphone/out jack that will fit a quarter inch speaker cord.

Those jacks are your speaker outs, make sure your plugging in your cab the right way, it might not even work if the 6505 cab doesn't have a stereo selection. The way that amp is set up, it uses stereo, so you need two cables, one going out of each jack going into both inputs on the back of the 6505 cab, and the selector switch on the back of the 6505 cab should be selected for the stereo setting.

And with the ohms thing, just match _ ohms with _ohms, and you'll be fine.
Does the back of your head look similar to this?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Sep 14, 2010,