Ive been into shredding so much lately and im pretty satisfied with my chops for now. Im not saying im god-like but im happy where i am with it right now. After watching americas got talent, Michael Grimm came on and it really inspired me to learn how to put on a good show and really project my voice. So UG, what's some good songs that dont push your voice to hard and sound good? Im talking about styles like RHCP and John Mayer. I don't sing much so i don't expect to sound like David Lee Roth or James LaBrie haha.
painkiller
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I know it isn't necessarily an electric guitar song, but it's my personal belief that EVERYONE should be able to play and sing 'Baby, I Love Your Way' by Peter Frampton and 'Every Rose Has It's Thorn' by Poison.
Plus they're incredibly easy.

John Mayer did a cover of 'Aint No Sunshine' that looked like fun to sing and play, although you'll have to learn it by ear from one of his live videos. You can even slap a long blues solo in the middle like he did.
dude the peter frampton song sounds wonderfull, thats a deffinate il do.
just dont be a douche that strums damn near straight eigths over a three chord progression and thinks your hot shit cause you can sing and "play" at the same time
Quote by doofus41
just dont be a douche that strums damn near straight eigths over a three chord progression and thinks your hot shit cause you can sing and "play" at the same time

lol trust me i hate them as much as you do. i just want to expand my capabilities a bit, y'know?
Hey Soul Sister
Hey there dellilah
I'm Yours
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Quote by whoahesgood
Hey Soul Sister
Hey there dellilah
I'm Yours

-10000 for unoriginallity

Anything by Coheed and Cambria, Muse, Dave Matthews Band, etc are nice to sing and play without being too easy
I hate my sig
try go with some hendrix songs. pruple haze, littlw wing, voodoo child. its pretty fun. plus theres solos and it guitar wise, it keeps you busy.
LTD Deluxe H1001Fr STBC
Modded Fender Stratocaster HSS mexican
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Takamine G340SC Acoustic
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Carvin Legacy 2
Dunlop 535Q crybaby wah
Whirlwind A/B Selector
Look to the grunge scene, they've got some nice songs to sing and play.

Nirvana - ... well you cant go wrong. You could do prolly any Nirvana song and it'd be fun

Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind a Store Counter in a Small Town

Neil Young - Old Man
-Heart Of Gold
-Hey Hey, My My

I started with Good Riddance (Time of your life) by Green Day and eventually moved on to this stuff. Its really fun, you just gotta find songs that you like and you could even do your own arrangement so that its still the same song, but you're playing it so you can sing it at the same time.
"I'm gonna find another you" by John Mayer, easy song. "Neon" if you're up for a bit of a challenge
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
Cause i'm lisning to Stone Sour....

Get the chords up for ZZyxd Road... Don't quote me on that one.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka