ive decided to learn bass (obviously) and was is this equipment would be good to start with?

AMP

BASS
That’s how we’ll know. This is not a test, oh no
This is cardiac arrest

Of a world too proud to admit our mistakes
We're crashing into the ground as all fall from grace
I'm not too big on the Fender amp. I'd suggest this: http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/KustomKustom-KB10-10W-1x10-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=423639

It's 10 watts compared to the 15 watts of the Fender, but this thing can get LOOOOUD! I just think it's a little more reliable, in my opinion. Not too big on the rumble series.

EDIT:
And (sic)duckmaggot... Say something useful.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Last edited by Nolanrox at Sep 14, 2010,
Its a fine setup. You probably could do better on the amp, but the Fender isn't particularly bad. All in all that setup should do you fine

Welcome to the wonderful world of bass!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Nolanrox
I'm not too big on the Fender amp. I'd suggest this: http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/KustomKustom-KB10-10W-1x10-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=423639

It's 10 watts compared to the 15 watts of the Fender, but this thing can get LOOOOUD! I just think it's a little more reliable, in my opinion. Not too big on the rumble series.

I completely agree. I honestly regret giving that amp away to the studio I help out at. Its loud and has survived countless new bass players using it week in and out. They even use it to hook up to the electronic drum set they have at the studio.

The bass is a solid starter bass and will get you well on the way to learning the low end.
Tam agreed with me?! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?! WHAT PARADOX AM I IN!?!
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.