I have recently come into a large sum of money that I can use according to my will.

So I thought I should totally upgrade my studio. Right now I'm running on a single Line 6 UX1 and a Samson CO1U USB Mic. I have actually made some good music with this which is funny.

Anyways here is what I am going to buy:

- M-AUDIO Fast Track Ultra 8R Audio Interface

- PreSonus Studio Channel Preamp

- Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone

- Shure SM57 Dynamic Mic

So far this is it.

What should I add to my list or maybe take out?

I plan on recording only Guitar, Vocals, Bass and MIDI. I will not be recording drums.

Thanks.
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
>.< You sir, are a sick person
Quote by MuffinMan

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Monitors are a MUST, or all of that equipment will be in vain because your mixes will sound horrid.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Upgrade to the M-Audio ProFire 2626
Get some studio foam and bass traps or make your own
And monitors as stated are a MUST, don't cheap out on them either...good ones will help you hear everything.

Let us know what you think about the PreSonus Studio Channel when you get a chance to use it for a while. I've been eyeing that product for a while for my studio.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 14, 2010,
Ahh yes! Forgot about the monitors completely!

I have been eyeing some KRK monitors for awhile now.....

And Moody, that looks like a nice interface, but my PC doesn't have FireWire, only USB. However, if you could refer me to a nice PCI interface then I would gladly look at that.

I would much rather have a PCI interface.
Quote by MuffinMan

Quote by Kensai