I was thinking about picking up a G-Major 2, and am wondering what the general opinions on them are.

I read a ton of reviews on HC, on on both the G-Major 1 and the G-Major 2, and decided to go with the G-Maj 2, that is if i do get one, due to the fact that the G-Major 2 didn't appear to have reliability issues, and that I am in love with the intelligent pitch shifter.

Are the effects indeed professional quality? and the best out there for the $$$?
Are the effects a lot better than the other big players out there (Line 6, etc.)?
Has anybody heard about major reliability issues with the G-Major 2?
Could somebody recommend a MIDI controller?
Do any owners have any complaints?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Now it could have been my FX loop, but I doubt it. I thought the effects were quite poor considering the price tag. The phaser and chorus in particular were embarassingly digital and cheesy sounding. Now keep in mind that it could have just been my amp, but I have heard similar results through others.

So in the end all i really used was the reverb and delay with a slight bit of pitch modulation for chorus effect, which really is a waste when you can just get those single fx pedals and they will sound much better
I've had no problems what-so-ever with my G-Major 1. Obviously comparing the effects to boutique phasers, flangers etc is going to make the G-Major look a bit bad, but I personally think the effects are fine, IMO they're definitely a cut about Boss, Digitech etc effects.
That said, I'm not much of a big effects user, mostly delay and reverb, sometimes a bit of chorus or flange.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Now it could have been my FX loop, but I doubt it. I thought the effects were quite poor considering the price tag. The phaser and chorus in particular were embarassingly digital and cheesy sounding. Now keep in mind that it could have just been my amp, but I have heard similar results through others.

So in the end all i really used was the reverb and delay with a slight bit of pitch modulation for chorus effect, which really is a waste when you can just get those single fx pedals and they will sound much better

what amp were you running it thourgh? did it have a series or parallel loop?

i liked the tri-chorus from the demos, but am not sure if you were referring to that chours mode or another one?

do you have an opinion on the intelligent pitch shifter/harmonizer, because that is one of the main things i want in it.

it would be really handy for church with me beucase it would be the only i could effectively change the delay and reverb for different songs on the fly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by littlephil
I've had no problems what-so-ever with my G-Major 1. Obviously comparing the effects to boutique phasers, flangers etc is going to make the G-Major look a bit bad, but I personally think the effects are fine, IMO they're definitely a cut about Boss, Digitech etc effects.
That said, I'm not much of a big effects user, mostly delay and reverb, sometimes a bit of chorus or flange.

would you rank the effects higher than Line 6's new offerings?

do you use a MIDI switcher? if so, what do you use?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I haven't tried much Line 6 stuff so I cant compare them.
I use an Axess MFC-5, its a pretty simple footswitch, 3 patches per bank, defaults to an 'off' patch when you select an already engaged patch, I use that to go to a blank patch on the G-Major.
I dont think they're that easy to find though, Axess Electronics is defunct right now.
Quote by littlephil
I haven't tried much Line 6 stuff so I cant compare them.
I use an Axess MFC-5, its a pretty simple footswitch, 3 patches per bank, defaults to an 'off' patch when you select an already engaged patch, I use that to go to a blank patch on the G-Major.
I dont think they're that easy to find though, Axess Electronics is defunct right now.

would it be possible for me to get one with more switches and turn the effects on/off and still be able to switch patches?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Yeah, the G-Major manual has instructions on how to set it up for patches, stompbox style layout, or both. I think the Voodoo Labs Ground Control would be great for that, although they aren't really cheap (around $250-500, depending if you get it used or new)
i have one and i love it. i use the behringer fcb1010 or whatever the model number is lol footswitch and it works great. i get 10 banks of 10 presets and 2 expression pedals. i really like the delay and reverb the best. they have tooooooooons of options. you can really tweak each thing a lot. for reverb you can pick the size and shape of the room, whether the low end is real, warm, wolly, etc and whether the high end is bright, glassy, etc and you can pick how much the reverb diffuses against the walls, like i mean TONS of options. i never really use the chorus effect as i found it a little cheesey, but one of the pitch bending effects allows you to have your original signal plus a slightly detuned signal, which to me somunds like a more pleasant chorus, and i use that a lot.

TL;DR it's good
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by trashedlostfdup
what amp were you running it thourgh? did it have a series or parallel loop?

i liked the tri-chorus from the demos, but am not sure if you were referring to that chours mode or another one?

do you have an opinion on the intelligent pitch shifter/harmonizer, because that is one of the main things i want in it.

it would be really handy for church with me beucase it would be the only i could effectively change the delay and reverb for different songs on the fly.

I used a Peavey XXX, no idea what type of FX loop it has. Everything just sounded so artificial to me so I couldn't really give you a great idea of what is was like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWWscOp1f8g

If you like that video, then you will like the G-major. But it just sounds so digital. Especially listen to the awful phaser
Quote by patriotplayer90
I used a Peavey XXX, no idea what type of FX loop it has. Everything just sounded so artificial to me so I couldn't really give you a great idea of what is was like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWWscOp1f8g

If you like that video, then you will like the G-major. But it just sounds so digital. Especially listen to the awful phaser

I believe that video is of the G Major 1 though and not the two. I didn't care a whole lot for the chourus, but the G Major 2 has a totally different chorus which is a Tri-Chorus.

check out this video for the harmonizer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdF8UBA2uNc
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
bump for afternoon croud.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!