i have a scale book that spells out the Hungarian major scale 1 2 b3 4 b5 b6 bb7. now i know that this obviously is not the hungarian major and is very far from being any type of major scale, all i want to know is what scale is 1 2 b3 4 b5 b6 bb7 so i can make a note of it in the book. is it an ethnic scale or is it just ultra locrian major 2 perfect 4?
Most definetly not a Hungarian scale, everyone knows what the Hungarian scale is, and I think all of us as a community can agree that the scale you have just presented us is most certainly not the Hungarian scale.
Don't know what I'd call that, I guess ir can fall under Marty Friedman's custom scales
W H W H W H W+H

It's NEARLY the whole half diminished scale, but I don't know what you'd call it.
Si
C D Eb F Gb Ab Bbb as an example
Id go with Tigers, but that ending makes it a tad.... awkward haha
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
If you listen to it closely it sounds similar to the Serbian Diminished Scale and the Australian Minor Scale.
Quote by SirMajorMusic
If you listen to it closely it sounds similar to the Serbian Diminished Scale and the Australian Minor Scale.

You're making those up aren't you...

Quote by SirMajorMusic
Most definetly not a Hungarian scale, everyone knows what the Hungarian scale is, and I think all of us as a community can agree that the scale you have just presented us is most certainly not the Hungarian scale.

i lold
Quote by Calibos
i lold

He does realize there is suchthing as the Hungarian major scale right?

It is a synthetic scale derived from the Hungarian minor scale and is called as such because franz Liszt, a Hungarian composer used it steongly. Especially in his hungarian rhapsody suite for piano.
Settle down. I'm aware of the Hungarian scale (though i've personally never used it), the lolz came from the way his post was presented.
Quote by SirMajorMusic

And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
What the hell is a Hungarian scale?
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Snowman388
What the hell is a Hungarian scale?

OT: It's the colloquial name for the double harmonic minor yeah?
Soundcloud
Quote by thelordofdarkch
in other words nobody knows what it truly is?

I know what the Hungarian minor is, it's the colloquial name for the double-harmonic minor scale, as I pointed out above. That scale is best known for the theme to the movie Pulp Fiction.

Beyond that, I'm not sure about the major.
Soundcloud
I've got it as:
1, #2, 3, #4, 5, 6, b7
C, D#, E, F#, G, A, Bb, in C.

Happy day?

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by AlanHB
I know what the Hungarian minor is, it's the colloquial name for the double-harmonic minor scale, as I pointed out above. That scale is best known for the theme to the movie Pulp Fiction.

Beyond that, I'm not sure about the major.

not that, the scale in my first comment
Quote by SirMajorMusic

this is good I had for real LOL
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by AlanHB
Using GOOGLE;

(Invalid img)

That's what I said!

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none