Hi guys/girls.

I've played guitar for a long time. I play almost any music style where there are cool guitar parts.

But i just can't get my head around the Sweep-picking thing!!
PLease help me with some tricks for sweeping faster
easy concept to understand.
a slow strum with teh picking hand
individual notes on the left
Sync them up

Sweeping is something that takes an incredible amount of practice, be patient and keep at it. and build it up SLOWLY, making sure it sounds articulate.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
yeah, learning sweep picking kills you ;D
and it sucks...such a hard and long time to go through 'till you realise succes....
but..it's worth it! =D
Come up with some easy 3 note pattern on the first 3 strings. Doesn't matter if it's theoretically correct, just any 3 notes will do.

Now start practicing sweeping on that pattern, just to get the motion down.
Quote by piszczel
Come up with some easy 3 note pattern on the first 3 strings. Doesn't matter if it's theoretically correct, just any 3 notes will do.

Now start practicing sweeping on that pattern, just to get the motion down.

THIS! Or look for a song with sweeping and play those at slower tempo, up and down even if in the song is just one way so you get better on the up/down motion you need to do, get various patters from different songs, slow them down A TAD and combine them, also play them in different places on the fretboard.

This is the way i did it hehe (malmsteen songs ftw on this?)
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
for sweep picking i found this to be the easiest way to learn:

D D D U U U
e|------------12-12----------------------------
B|--------13---------13------------------------
G|---14------------------14-------------------
D|-----------------------------------------------
A|-----------------------------------------------
E|-----------------------------------------------

Just that patern over and over tilll i got it down. remember to take your finger off each string as you hit the note, this will stop it from ringing to give it that sweeping sound. also only one finger should be touching the fretboard at a time. so when you hit the first note you fret only the 14, then release as you quickly fret the 13 and keep sliding your pick to it, then release as you fret the 12 also keeping the pick in motion. the pick should move down from the 3rd string past the first in one continous motion, then back up in one motion.
e|-----------------------------------------------
B|-----------------------------------------------
G|---------------12--9-------------------------
D|----------10----------11---------------------
A|-----11--------------------10----------------
E|--9-----------------------------12------------

this one ****s with my mind, but it makes playing other patterns so much easier. same deal deal as in the above post. move ONLY one finger at a time, dont let your other fingers move even a little bit. sweeping is all about finger independence. make sure you dont move your wrist either. rolling your wrist only cheats yourself. youre probably gonna have to start out stupid slow like 60bpm because remember the key here is perfect technique. one finger at a time, fingers move 100% independently.