Do you have an accurate mental portrayal of what you actually look like?

Poll: ?
Poll Options
View poll results: ?
Yes
77 28%
No
60 22%
I know I'm sexy (pff)
73 27%
I know I'm ugly as hell
64 23%
Voters: 274.
Page 1 of 3

Now sometimes I just feel downright sexy. And I honestly think I have the potential to be sexy, but I don't really put any effort in it. But today I had an experience very similar to the picture I posted above. I was at school, feeling pretty good; everything seemed to be going well, especially with the ladies. So later on, when I had to take a tinkle, I looked in the bathroom mirror and saw what looked like some sort of pig-gorilla-douchebag hybrid. Well that took me aback. I then realized that when I haven't looked in a mirror for a while, my mental self portrait is a lot sexier than what I actually look like, and I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
No, I always feel like a hideous monster. Then when people tell me that I don't look bad I go RAAAAAAR at them and hide in a corner.

Serious answer:
I always feel like my legs are too short and my head is too big, which probably results in me being more awkward than I should.
Apparently I look okay though.

edit: according to my estimates, I look in a mirror about 20 times a day.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Sep 15, 2010,
I'm always taken off guard by the length of my neck. It's fucking colossal.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
No i look in the mirror atleast 5 times a day within a day.

I don't how people can't not look in a mirror, i mean my hairs uber curly - i have to gel it to get it looking presentable. Then there's brushing my teeth. Then there's shaving.

I just don't understand

I think i'm pretty good, getting a 7/8 out of 10 from girls 9 with personality apparently - i don't always agree but that's people.

I don't take uber care to be meticulous in appearance, but i atleast put the bare minimum of looking a mirror once a day
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I know I look worse in photos than I do in mirrors, the difference is astounding. However I would never consider myself attractive in any light.
People either say I'm the 'gentle giant' type, or that they'd change lanes if they saw me walking towards them on the sidewalk.

The real question is how do you view others?

I never really look at anyone and think they're ugly, i tend to think everyone one looks nice? Do other people do that?
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Yeah, I know pretty well what I look like, neither good looking or terribly bad (I hope), just a sort of forgettable face

I have this miraculous ability to look like a prat in every photo taken of me though.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Anthony1991

I never really look at anyone and think they're ugly, i tend to think everyone one looks nice? Do other people do that?

Yeah, I can tell if people are less attractive than others but I would never think they were actually ugly.
cat
Quote by Våd Hamster
People either say I'm the 'gentle giant' type, or that they'd change lanes if they saw me walking towards them on the sidewalk.

sounds like me. being tall and an ex american football player, I'm a big dude.
I Like Green!
i never cared much about how i looked ... either to myself or to others ... either way i don't really think there's much i can do about it ... so might as well move on ....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
I usually to hate the way I look in the mirror, but I tend to take decent photos.

I think it's cause when I look in the mirror, I'm usually brushing my teeth or something like that, and so I can really get a good look and see all the imperfections.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by Anthony1991

this.

its really a question of you current mental state, ie. if you've dropped a couple a E's you probably think you and everyone around you is ****n gorgeous
I don't have much confidence in my appearance, but sometimes i think i look pretty good, i hate seeing photos of myself though because i usually look awful.

EDIT: In terms of people commenting on my appearance, i hear alot of different things, some good, some bad, others i don't really know how to take, people quite often tell me that i look like certain celebrities, and i guess its kind of a good thing, apart from one time when someone said i looked like Shane Mcgowan, it took everything in me not to kick him in the dick.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Sep 15, 2010,
Wow, I actually haven't thought about if I'm sexy or not...I'm cool with how I look like, but I know girls aren't dropping to their knees for me (because their fainting at my beauty, of course)...yet.
There are days that I think I look alright and there are days that I think I look not so alright.
What I think is kind of weird is that I think the right side of my face is noticeably worse looking than the left side of my face. Anyone else ever feel like this?
I look in the mirror all the time, then immediately forget what I looked like and just imagine myself as a big hideous monster with over-exaggerated features, regardless of how good I felt about myself looking in the mirror.
Also - how easily do you take complements?

I mean no one takes "OMG YOUR SO PURTY" that well, people tend to shrug it off quite easily - unless they're a total dick (unless it's warranted ) Because we all know how annoying over arrogant people can be.

And then add to that various insecurities - it's natural (in this age) to think oneself not as good as others. But inside i see no reason with occasionally buffing yourself to your inner mind, i mean we all need a boost now and then.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm very aware of how unphotogenic I am. Although I can take a good photo, I have to really think about what my face is doing aha.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I know what angles will make me look uglier than I actually am. I wouldn't say I overestimate my looks either.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I look good from every angle, everytime.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I think I look good, and I look good when I look in the mirror, and other people tell me I look good, etc.. The problem with a lot of photos is that often the smile is really fake which makes you look retarded, whereas when I look in the mirror or just normally I smile properly or have a normal expression of some kind. If you have the mirror experience do a fake smile (mouth only) in the mirror and you will look just as tarded as on photos.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Sep 15, 2010,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I think I'm pretty hideous:

I think you look like Duke Nukem. Get some shades and start kicking some ass.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I'm actually suprised of how good I look at times.
The mental image of myself is a clumsy, really average looking idiot. But in reality, I look kinda ok, and not clumsy at all. It's better than overestimating yourself, because when I look in the mirror I am not disappointed.
Quote by SG_dave
Me? I'm a ****ing adonis. I make girls wet when they sense my presence.

Pic related: It's me.
(Invalid img)

Now I'm a very handsome man, but even I can't compete with Cthulu.

On a more serious note (D#)

I don't think I'm that good looking but every so often when I look in the mirror the guy staring back at me will please my eyes. But by the next time I look in the mirror he's gone

So basically my image of myself varies quite a lot

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
Quote by TheBurningFish
I think you look like Duke Nukem. Get some shades and start kicking some ass.

Thank you, I love Duke Nukem!

If it's any consolation to some of the other big fellas in the thread, what I've noticed over the years is that sometimes the ladies do actually like being a big, ugly bastard rather than the typical skinny white boy.

I think it might have something to do with the menstrual cycle, andhow when women are ovulating they're preconditioned to want alpha male type physical characteristics, whereas the rest of the time they want more femenine fellas. How accurate that is I'm not sure, but my experience is that as long as you're not acting like a total creep you can get yourself some red rocket.
Pff, I know how sexy I am, but no one else seems to know it.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

I have a pretty good idea of what I look like. Some people will like it, some people wont, depends on taste.

Sometimes I do think I look pretty though, and it's nice. I don't think there's anything wrong in having good self-esteem so long as you're not cocky. I have a lot of confidence and hopefully that'll cover up other flaws.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I know I'm ugly but i'm v. smart, quite funny and a pretty good guitarist so it kinda evens out
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
I think I look pretty damn good, I'll be honest. People seem to agree with me there.

When it comes to taking pictures I manage to completely ruin them without realising that I have though. I hate it so much.
Actually, idk. it depends. I think i look a lot better in the mirror than in pictures.

Par example...
this was taken in front of a mirror where I can see myself, and I was surprised because it turned out pretty nice

On the other hand, I facebook surfed a bit and this was taken by a friend, and I have no idea what I look like. It's not half as nice as the other picture; I look okay.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Well,for me I normally think I'm ugly...every time I see a beautiful girl I just look at her and say "she's to hot for me",but I have been told I'm not ugly(not good looking either) by other girls.I have a super low self esteem

I have never had a girl friend
Page 1 of 3