Hi all, I was wondering: Is the tremolo cover on the back of a strat really necessary and what happens if I don't use it?
Nothing, loads of artists have taken it off. Stuff might fall in there. Your guitar won't explode or anything.
Lol, EJ worked out to the exact degree, optimum pedal placement on his pedalboard for tone.

Seriously?! I've heard he only likes the older red Jazz III's too, the newer ones are different
eric johnson is a legend.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by arrthor
Hi all, I was wondering: Is the tremolo cover on the back of a strat really necessary and what happens if I don't use it?

In theory, it adds a bit of reverb with the cover on. Basically creating a reverb tank with the springs and echo chamber. I've seen trem cavities packed with stuff to reduce the effect. Can't think who right now...
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
one of my friends says its dangerous as they springs could catch on his skin or something (he plays ac/dc tribute gigs and ends up taking his shirt off, thus his theory that it will catch on his skin), is this true?
well i mean occasionally i whack the spring with my belt or something, so i guess it could happen...

i mean if he's that worried about that maybe he could just not take his shirt off?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?