Strat vs Tele, wanna hear the pro's and the con's of which ever guitar you choose. Can be squire or fender (if you are comparing please try and make the brands similar to make it a fair test).
strat- good for stuff from 50's to now...has whammy that can be awesome if you replace tuners with locking tuners and do the steps to make your whammy sound better (tune after every full whammy on a string)

tele- awesome twangy goodness, good for stuff '40s to now (has that country twang like the '40s although it was made in the 50s right xD ), if you replace the bridge pickup you can get a heavy tone and a twang tone...but you need a good amp
Gear:
Dean Flying V
Franciscan Model A ClassicalGuitar
Ibanez Acoustic
Dean Acoustic Bass EABG
Mitchell Mu-70 Ukulele
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Korg Kaossilator
Yamaha Keyboard
Boss Metal Core
Fishman RareEarth Humbucker
Tele All The Way>
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Is this a general discussion or do you want advice?

Neither is cooler than the other, although strats are more comfortable to play. Odds are you won't use the trem on the strat that often (or if you do, you'll go awfully out of tune), so the tele is perhaps one-up there (although you can stick a Bigsby on your tele if you really want).
Gear:
- Ibanez RGR465M
- Ibanez S770FM
- PRS SE Custom
- Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
wow it's not true that the strat will go out of tune if you use the trem, i use it a lot and it never goes out of tune, and it's not even a true fender, it's squier
Quote by grizzli1994
Tele All The Way>

This.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
If we look at Strats and Teles as singlecoil instruments, the Tele sounds thicker/fatter, is more twangy, it's heavier (more wood), and less 'ergonomic'.
The Strat has more switching options so you can get more sounds out of it, is brighter and glassier sounding, lighter and more ergonomic (contoured body) and has a tremolo which will kick you out of tune if you are using it too much, but it's a cool thing to have.

There is no better or worse, I personally like both, so
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by ArpeggiateTHIS
Is this a general discussion or do you want advice?

Neither is cooler than the other, although strats are more comfortable to play. Odds are you won't use the trem on the strat that often (or if you do, you'll go awfully out of tune), so the tele is perhaps one-up there (although you can stick a Bigsby on your tele if you really want).

I'm just asking for peoples opinions and all I wanna do is see what most people like.
Quote by arrthor
I'm just asking for peoples opinions and all I wanna do is see what most people like.

get a shecter with the EMGs and teh coil tapz. it's moar versatile.

vs threads aren't allowed nub.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I definitely prefer a strat, because of its versatility and sweet tone. The floating bridge can be a bitch depending on your playing style, but can very easily be blocked so that it functions perfectly as a hard tail (thats what i did on mine). This eliminates what is IMO the strats only weakness.

There's a reason the strat is the most popular guitar ever (i don't know for sure, but i assume it is).

Also the strat looks better.
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
It's just two guitars. There's also a lot of varying models on either side, so a comparison isn't really possible. Give us two specific models to compare and we can give you some input.
Some people like one. Some people like the other. Some like both. Some like neither.

That's pretty much all there is to discuss.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
neither is better or worse. fenders suck.

Just kidding i like my tele a lot better than my strat - but that's only because the neck profile is very different and i just prefer the feel of my tele's neck profile.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I'm gonna go with the stratocaster AND the telecaster, since I can spell properly. Idiot.
Quote by askrere
^Rudeness

and unneeded

ive never tried out teles but i quite like strats...i think theyre more comfortable (the tele has the ridge which i dont like in guitars