Apparently the really cheap ones, say a 100 pounds (round that mark) tend to be just cheap and not really work.

So after that i stopped bothering with trying to get one.

Yes they need batteries i guess, it can't be powered by anything else. They do work with pedals. It's basically a radio signal.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Why do you need them so desperately? What kind of gigs are you doing?
Wireless systems are a huge pain in the arse if you cheap out on them - I wouldn't recommend it if you're on any kind of budget.
just buy longer cables.

if that wont work, dont be cheap on these. cheap ones are cheap for a reason.
the sennheiser freeport works well for our bassist! but i wouldnt exactly be keen on using one for guitar, i'd really just suggest longer cables and if you're worried about them getting all tangled up on stage then you don't have the space to need a wireless
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Last edited by josh_salty at Sep 15, 2010,
Desperately need to invest? Why? Are you playing stadiums?

Anyway, check out the line 6 relay series.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by josh_salty
the sennheiser freeport works well for our bassist! but i wouldnt exactly be keen on using one for guitar, i'd really just suggest longer cables and if you'r about them getting all tangled up on stage then you don't have the space to need a wireless

That doesn't make sense. If you dance, you get tangled - even if you're playing on a tiny stage.

+1 to the Sennheiser though. The Shures are good too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^didn't think about that... twas thinking running around purposes only ahah
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
I gambled with the cheap route and got an Audio Technica Freeway series on Amazon, and have had zero problems with it so far.

To answer your questions:
1. Yes, they take 9 volt batteries, usually.
2. I have all of my pedals going through the effects loop on my head, and the wireless is plugged into the input. Your other option is to hook the receiver up to the front of your pedal chain and try not to step on it.
Samson Airline77 system.

Relatively cheap and works great! Have been using mine for 2 years now.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by polishedbullet
I've had the same reason to just buy cables since I saw Iron Maiden/Dream Theater live this past July.

Dave Murray didn't use a wireless, and neither did John Petrucci.

If they don't need one, you don't need one.

That's probably one of the dumbest things I've read. Just because a couple guys don't move around much and don't need wireless systems, doesn't mean everyone needs to be tethered to their amp. Some people like to move where a cable wouldn't allow them. Also, your signal starts to degrade when you run through enough wire.
Don't diss wireless!!! I got myself a nice wireless about a month back, no going back now haha. Safe to say our gigs have been more energetic than they are normally (were rather well known for our energy in these parts). First gig I used It at I played a song on the venues balcony whilst having a fag, then ran through the place back to the stage. Went down a feckin storm!!
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
What is it with all these people saying not to get a wireless system? You do realise that not everybody nails their feet to the stage don't you? I'd like to see how you do a spin without tangling the cable around your legs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Vik,

In case you haven't realized Iron Maiden likes to move around the stage quite a bit during their shows. If they can pull it off without tripping over each other's cables, pretty much anybody should be able to.

As long as you're not doing guitar flips every 4 second and frolicking around like Janick Gers, you could just get a high quality cable (Monster, etc) for a fraction of the price.
Quote by polishedbullet
Vik,

In case you haven't realized Iron Maiden likes to move around the stage quite a bit during their shows. If they can pull it off without tripping over each other's cables, pretty much anybody should be able to.

As long as you're not doing guitar flips every 4 second and frolicking around like Janick Gers, you could just get a high quality cable (Monster, etc) for a fraction of the price.

Yup. Base your own needs on what other people can/can't do. Great strategy in life. And you could get a higher quality cable than Monster for a fraction of the price so don't bring price into it and use a crap example like that.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by polishedbullet
To prevent me from getting my ass chewed out any further, I've seen the Line 6 wireless that is about the size of a stomp-box (forget the model number) in a couple videos and they seem pretty nice for the price.

I've already established this.. Line 6 relay ftw
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Hey guys

I am new here,

I am a professional touring musician and will finally make the shift to wireless.

So the question :

Line 6 Relay G90 OR Sennheiser EW 172 G3?

Cheers