I wasn't really sure where to post this thread so if this is the wrong place then I'm sorry in advance.

Me and a few friends have just started our band and we're looking for some good songs that we can cover. Firstly, our singer is a girl so keep that in mind. Our bassist and drummer have both literally just started playing so they're not really ready for anything complicated yet and I've only being playing electric guitar properly for a few months so i've got a lot to learn, but I play acoustic quite well.

So can anyone recommend any tabs that we can check out where pretty much everything is averagely easy to play. Would be a great start cause we don't really know where to begin. We're going for a Paramore/Kings Of Leon sort of vibe.
Quote by ChokingOnBile
Well this would do just right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DND8S_CF_g
It's not hard at bass at all, and sounds cool

I lol'ed

And to guy lookin for easy fun stuff to play.
Try Green Day
or maybe My Chemical Romance.
yeah stick with Green Day.
and practice a lot.
get awesome at Rhythm, then try other bands,
good luck
Get her covering some Lamb of God.

Don't tell me she ain't got the vocals for it, LOOK AT KITTY AND ARCHENEMY!
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
try the white stripes, songs like the hardest button to button, or even seven nation army, you can figure out easily a bassline(since they only play guitar and drums) and the drums are pretty easy, the vocals i think would fit with a girl's voice, even though i dont know her voice...

the important is to keep on rockin, no matter how bad people say you play, you keep playing till you prove them wrong!

and guys(or girls)... she clearly said she wanted something in line of paramore or kings of leon, so, if you want to help, you dont say lamb of god or archenemy, stop trolling would ya?
Last edited by tntero at Sep 15, 2010,
Quote by ChokingOnBile
Well this would do just right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DND8S_CF_g
It's not hard at bass at all, and sounds cool

^^ Thanks but no thanks that's insane complicated! Maybe in 10 years ..

tntero - I can play a few White Stripes songs .. We'll give it a go, our vocalists voice could actually do that pretty well now I think about it. Thanks!
no prob, im looking for a band too, im kind of in the same spot as you are, i play guitar for some months now and im looking for people to jam and if it sounds right, create a band, so i just said what i would do when i do find the people
Try something like Holiday by Greenday, or even maybe some Nightwish. Their stuff isn't too complicated, and they are a female fronted band.

Quote by tntero
no prob, im looking for a band too, im kind of in the same spot as you are, i play guitar for some months now and im looking for people to jam and if it sounds right, create a band, so i just said what i would do when i do find the people

I've been playing for a couple years now and if I could jam with you I definitely would. Though I doubt you even live in Canada. xD
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13
Try something like Holiday by Greenday, or even maybe some Nightwish. Their stuff isn't too complicated, and they are a female fronted band.

Thanks xD I tried out Holiday and it's a really easy tab to learn .. I've never heard of Nightwish but I'll definitely check them out! Any songs you'd recommend?
Hmm, I would think maybe I wish I had an Angel (though it has a guy singing in it too)
Btw I forgot to mention a guy sings in it too every now and then, so if you have a guy singer, that works, if not, might as well try right?
I would think I wish I had an Angel, maybe Nemo, Bye Bye Beautiful.
If they are not what your looking for, sorry, hope I helped though
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?