I currently have a digitech Rp7 valve, but i am steering clear of using it for live performances. There is one distortion mode I like and want to use THAT tone live. It is titled "Hstn" which, I guess, means heavy sustain. I'm not sure. When I have looked online for an accurate description, all it says is that particular mode is emulating a Marshall "Super Lead" I don't exactly want to buy a new head atm. I am happy with the one I have.

I am looking for a sustain pedal, so I am open to suggestions as to which stompbox I will purchase next. At the most, I want to spend 100 dollars. I will go up to 150 if it is "just too good to pass up"

Any suggestions?
I don't really understand what you're asking? You have a Marshall 1987x, which you want to make sound a little more like a 1959?

What volume are you running your Plexi at? Any tubescreamer-esque overdrive will add a nice bit of balls and sustain at gig volume.
Just looking for a nice "creamy" sustain. Not necessarily "balls" or "punch" just smooth

Think; Gary Moore's "Still got the blues"
Last edited by charles_ebarb at Sep 15, 2010,
Quote by kyle62
I don't really understand what you're asking? You have a Marshall 1987x, which you want to make sound a little more like a 1959?

What volume are you running your Plexi at? Any tubescreamer-esque overdrive will add a nice bit of balls and sustain at gig volume.

Take note, the 1987x's circuitry is built on the same board as the 1959's. not sure what the differences are in the two, but tone-wise there is a huge difference.
Quote by charles_ebarb
Just looking for a nice "creamy" sustain. Not necessarily "balls" or "punch" just smooth

Think; Gary Moore's "Still got the blues"

There's tons of overdrive pedals that'll give you the result you're looking for.

Have a look at the Danelectro Cool Cat Overdrive, very cheap and very nice smooth drive with true bypass etc. Obviously if you've got a higher budget there's tons more choice but you can get great results with those little £30 dano pedals.

What speakers does your Carvin 412 come with?
Cool! I will do that. The pawn shop I like to visit actually sells those dano pedal's new for 15 bucks. I'll grab up all of them for that price! Thanks guys for your help!
When you say tube saturation I instantly think of the Digitech Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion pedal, has a tube saturation mode on it, but not enough gain to do lead work really.

Maybe try a Keeley modded Boss DS-1(to get the Marshall distortion) and throw a boost pedal behind it when you want leads.
Quote by charles_ebarb
Cool! I will do that. The pawn shop I like to visit actually sells those dano pedal's new for 15 bucks. I'll grab up all of them for that price! Thanks guys for your help!

Sorted! Be warned, the Cool Cat ones are really excellent (true bypass, metal housing, circuits nicked from $200 boutique pedals) but the other Dano pedals aren't that great.