Okay.. so ive arranged a lesson tomorrow at 11am for my first real guitar lesson with a tutor ive been playing self taught for maybe a month and she mostly teaches folk blues and classical on acoustic or classical no electric
i believe she has a masters and was wondering if anyone has any tips on what to bring and or how to prepare and how to get the most from my lesson thankyou in advance community

oh btw the lesson is 40 mins for £14, so in summary what to expect and how to prepare and get the most from my first lesson tomorrow thx
Quote by FyreTiger2K
Okay.. so ive arranged a lesson tomorrow at 11am for my first real guitar lesson with a tutor ive been playing self taught for maybe a month and she mostly teaches folk blues and classical on acoustic or classical no electric
i believe she has a masters and was wondering if anyone has any tips on what to bring and or how to prepare and how to get the most from my lesson thankyou in advance community

oh btw the lesson is 40 mins for £14, so in summary what to expect and how to prepare and get the most from my first lesson tomorrow thx

Bring an open mind, and the ability to be teachable. Be humble and cooperative. Don't worry about what she's teaching you as to how relevant it is to what you personally LIKE. Especially when first learning. That's very important. Take the first 6 months of your life as a guitar playing student, and commit to what you are being taught before throwing in the towel on that teacher.

When I get a new student, the first thing I do is get to know them, their motivations for wanting to learn, an idea of what they'd like to be able to do, and then go over what they will be learning, and any advise or encouragement that I can, to let them know I understand what its like to be new at this, and then assure them that if they do as I say they'll get there.

My average student has been there for over 2 years.

Best,

Sean