Carvin DC747 - behold!

Specs:
Mahogany body and neck - neck through construction
Birdseye maple fretboard with black dots
Flamed maple top with greenburst finish
Lundgren m7 in bridge, Carvin pups in middle and neck
LFR, which I have blocked off
Sperzel locking tuners

This is a brutal machine! The m7 is pretty compressed, gnarly and has great clarity. It basically sounds great with anything distorted. The other pups are pretty good, but nothing worth writing home about. I have a Blaze lying around from my Universe - I think I'll try that in the neck!
The feel of this thing is better than anything I've ever played. The neck is very comfortable, and riffing and shredding is easy up and down the neck. Upper-fret access is also excellent
The finish is also amazing and my pictures don't do the flame justice!
Basically, I think I've found my main 7 for a long, long time!
Last edited by xFilth at Aug 10, 2011,
Set-neck.

Do want.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by Shinami
How much you payed for it? Sweet axe.

Paid my Ibanez RG for it (which I paid 700$ + 250$ for pups)

So effectively, it cost me 950$ - if I were to order a new one from Carvin with those specs, I would end up spending around 2,8k$
Thanks guys - though I gotta say I'm a bit jealous of that other TC's deep dragonburst quilt
good god ......HNGD!!!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
thats gorgeous! i never get tired of looking at carvins. thats a hell of a birdseye fretboard too. my carvin bass also has a birdseye FB and its so beautiful to look at.

did you trade something like a 73xx/74xx or was it a 1527? id say you got the better deal since those lungrens arent exactly cheap.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

A RG2570EX with Dimarzio Tone Zone and Liquifire

On paper, it was a great trade for me - and after playing with the guitar for a few hours, I am extremely satisfied!
Carvins are godly and that is a sexy 7 you have there my friend
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
nice!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Våd Hamster
Home raid in 3...2...1...

They can take our lives, they can take our freedom...

...BUT THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR GUITAAAAAARS
Beauty mate - The maple looks great with the greenburst! Can't wait to hear it. What happened to the mid and neck polepieces though?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
^What Påganizer said!

Speaking of Påganizers and vids/clips of the guitar, he has to come by sometime and do a guitar-cover of Icarus Lives, because I suck too much to do so :B
HEY! I saw that one on DBA.dk!

Congratulations, could have been mine if the seller had wanted to trade for my ESP LTD Viper + cash.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
HAPPY NEW GUITAR DAY FROM A FELLOW CARVINITE! well actually platinum member that is one killer guitar! love it!
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
The Blaze middle pickup from my UV is now installed in the Carvin, which gives me some sweet clean and lead single coil tones! I don't like the 2 and 4 positions that much, so I almost exclusively use 1, 3 and 5

Now I'm contemplating neck-pups. Liquifire 7 and PAF 7 come to mind