Hey guys, i have recently got a band together and stuff, but for practices, i don't have a car, other people i know who drive do not currently have their cars with them (they left them in their home town when coming to uni), so basically i have no other way of carrying my amplifier other than to just walk.

What i am asking is, what is the best way to move the amp easier? Because carrying it all over the place is only going to give me back problems, but if there is some form of cart or something that i can get then i would be open to suggestions.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Clicky

There is your cheapest option. What kind of amp is it? You could consider leaving it where you guys practice, and buying a cheap practice amp for where you live. Or if it is a stack, leave the cab there and buy/make yourself a 1x12 cab.
Gear:
Schecter Revenger 7-String
Bugera V5
MXR 10-Band EQ
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2
Digitech Bad Monkey
Crybaby Wah
Digitech Hardwire Stereo Chorus
You could fashion something out of a bicycle trailer.
When we were younger (MUCH younger...pre-driver license days) we would make trailers for bicycles to put all of our fishing gear on. Tackle boxes, rods, and of course a cooler with ice, food, and whatever beer we could get out hands on.
I have seen pre-built carts around town...google something up along those lines.
If your walking....little red wagon?

EDIT: Here's one that can hold 180 lbs, and is plenty big enough for an amp, and plenty of foam.
http://www.amazon.com/Aosom-Bicycle-Cargo-Trailer-red-Black/dp/B0029KKQSK/ref=sr_1_50?ie=UTF8&s=cycling&qid=1284569184&sr=1-50
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Last edited by Vinson at Sep 15, 2010,
Quote by Vinson
If your walking....little red wagon?

One of these:

And one of these to pull it with:

You'll be the coolest kid in town!

A hand truck is probably your best bet. You should be able to get a better one than that musicians friend one for cheaper or less. It won't fold up but it would handle a heavy amp.
Thanks guys, i have currently left the amp closer to the practice room, it is a Vox combo but i am thinking of getting a small head and cab, which should have either the same power or more because i will be looking at all valve ones, as opposed to a valvestate, which is what i currently have.

I think the first suggestion is good because i already have one of those at my house (not my uni house) that i can bring up, although the larger ones might be a bit better for storing more stuff on it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Yes, if you get a valve amp that is the same wattage as a solid state, it will definitely be much louder! I'd also suggest either small straps or bungie cords to hold stuff down depending on how big they are compared the to hand truck and if it's a bumpy ride. You could probably rig some sides onto it if really needed as well.
Quote by ChrisBW
One of these:

And one of these to pull it with:

You'll be the coolest kid in town!

A hand truck is probably your best bet. You should be able to get a better one than that musicians friend one for cheaper or less. It won't fold up but it would handle a heavy amp.

This made me laugh soo hard. I have a trailer on my bike, as i'm the same, uni student.
Carvin V3 - Matamp 4x12 - VHT Valvulator - Maxon OD808 - Visual Volume Pedal

EH Cathedral - Ibanez DE7