Agile. Check out the fixed bridge sevens.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
AGILE ALL THE WAY!!! These guitars are awesome as hell. I have an Intrepid, not the pro, but it still kicks. Quality instruments at a very reasonable price. Screw the deans. Rondo does extended range correctly.
Quote by SoA_Joseph
Alright well, I very desperately desire a 7 string guitar for under 400 dollars, so far I've only found this:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Vendetta-VNXM-7String-Electric-Guitar?sku=516905

Now, I despise deans, please tell me if there are more options available. D:

Actually ive heard good things about that guitar...which confuses me Ive also looked at many reviews on it and they normally consist of the same thing: Change the pups and set it up properly then it'll be good.

I would prefer to get an Agile but have a Dean already and cant complain....whatever floats your boat i guess.
Guitars:
*Carvin DC 127
*Dean Vendetta 2.0 w/ SD Invader pup
*BSX Beast
Amp:
*Peavey Triple XXX Head
*Marshal VS412 Cabinet

The Channel of Crappy Played Metal Covers (if you're into that)
Go used!

I picked up my RG7620 for $400. MIJ quality plus a Lo-Pro Edge (comparable to the OFR in terms of stability). If you want a fixed bridge, you could find the RG7621 in the same price range as well.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Go used!

I've definitely been considering it, I got my RG Prestige used for 400 dollars in a pawn shop in my town. Fantastic guitar.

As for Agiles, I've heard a lot but never gotten to give one a shot. I'll definitely have to.
i've got an sr 370 from rondo. about 200 bucks, it sounds beautiful, asides from the pickups being a little weak.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
i got a sweet arse 7 string by Davison for only 200. (ebay) i tried against some prominent companies (schecter, ltd around the $400 range) it held its own quite well.

Sometimes the risk pay off. Just saying. Also rondomusic dude. (the Septor is the only model under 400 though)
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Sep 15, 2010,
Schecter has a bunch of budget 7 string's and you really can't go wrong with Schecter they're probably the best quality guitars available for the price you pay
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
schecter, agile, or a 7321 is the only way to go for under $400 (assuming US and not AUS or anything?)

for a brand new guitar that is.

all IMHO before anyone gets butthurt.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson