Hi fellow UGers.
I have a problem with my practicing schedule. I have a feeling that I'm not getting better with it. I think it is missing something. I want to play technical death metal, so I must train a lot. Also, I have problems with tapping exercises. I've read a lot of lessons and columns on UG, none helped.
Tips appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Last edited by Aggro at Sep 15, 2010,
hope you've got improvising and experiments in your schedule, that I spend most of time with, then you'll get better and more creative, for tapping though.. Stephan Forté from band Adagio had an old website with some REALLY good tapping exercises but I cannot find the site anymore, think he have removed it. though check him out, he's got a serious guitar playing style!
Thanks for reply! Sadly, I even don't know where to start with improvising. I must ask my guitar teacher for this.. At least I train sweep picking a lot. And I advance!

My guitars:
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
you really need to ask him about it and read some theory about it, but seriously, best practice for improvising is to fool around on the guitar neck to some lick or riff from a band or whatever and try what sounds good etc. in time you'll know the scales without even knowing them like.. but still, you can improvise and if you read some theory you'll also know the names and know how/why you do what you do! but practice with guitar teacher is a good start as well, though some teachers really SUCK on improvising!
Quote by Shreddie-Sharp
you really need to ask him about it and read some theory about it, but seriously, best practice for improvising is to fool around on the guitar neck to some lick or riff from a band or whatever and try what sounds good etc. in time you'll know the scales without even knowing them like.. but still, you can improvise and if you read some theory you'll also know the names and know how/why you do what you do! but practice with guitar teacher is a good start as well, though some teachers really SUCK on improvising!

Well, my teacher doesn't have any problems with improvising. I've started learning theory a month ago (unfortunately I don't know much english names, as I live in Poland, so I can't learn from UG, I just can't understand anything).

My guitars:
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
but still, an Eb or Am are always the same, no matter what country you live in and if you google I'm sure you can find a polish->english translator good luck btw I know it was a jungle to me as well when I started, but just struggle and overcome the difficulties and after a year you'll see you're soo much better than now the bridge didn't built itself in one day
If you want a great free course on improvising I know a few people who took this: strumdog improvisation course and found it really usefull.

But year I agree if your not improving on your practice schedule then I rekon you need some "free style" practice. Get creative and just some improv. The style your playing is very "technique" oriantated so getting in some improv would definitly help balance it out.

Hope this helps!
Quote by evilbiskits
If you want a great free course on improvising I know a few people who took this: strumdog improvisation course and found it really usefull.

But year I agree if your not improving on your practice schedule then I rekon you need some "free style" practice. Get creative and just some improv. The style your playing is very "technique" oriantated so getting in some improv would definitly help balance it out.

Hope this helps!

I've submitted my email. Error 404.

My guitars:
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Quote by Aggro
I've submitted my email. Error 404.

It sends the emails regardless, I got the same message.
Quote by Aggro
Hi fellow UGers.
I have a problem with my practicing schedule. I have a feeling that I'm not getting better with it. I think it is missing something. I want to play technical death metal, so I must train a lot. Also, I have problems with tapping exercises. I've read a lot of lessons and columns on UG, none helped.
Tips appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Try and set yourself a minigoal each time you practice. Anything goes as long as it is an improvement over what you were able to do last time. Then do this consistently and you'll keep on getting better, and better, and better.

For improvisation, try this: http://www.theloneguitaristblog.com/mastery/the-essence-of-improvisation-your-inner-jukebox/