I play electric guitar, the band will be Death or Black Metal most likely. I have 150 bucks of birthday money.

I heard this thing was good,
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrack.html

Here is it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QZ402Q/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00061ZM2Y&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=16829CQN8FN2AX7M5BCY

Should I buy this off Amazon for 90 bucks or so new?
well, im not sure how profressional you want but i have Music Creator 5 by Cakewalk, and it is very nice, seems professional and is fun to mess around with!!
yerh the M-audio interfaces are good and some of them come with a demo of protools

also look into the line 6 tone port gx1 ux1 or ux2 as they're pretty good and come with podfarm so you can record some pretty nice guitar sounds. the song on my profile was all done with podfarm and a gx1
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Do you think either of those 2 things would be better than the one I posted in the links? Also, I will check both of those out and the song you recorded.
I listened to your song, the sound quality was great, but I can't stand Metal Core. The riffs sounded pretty good, kind of like Alternative Rock or NuMetal or something like that, I couldn't stand the vocals unfortunately.
Quote by andy13mc
well, im not sure how profressional you want but i have Music Creator 5 by Cakewalk, and it is very nice, seems professional and is fun to mess around with!!

Does it not come with recording Hardware? Or is it all Software?

Will I need hardware and software?
Quote by WtrPlyr
Uh, the Fast Track is the hardware.

It comes with a demo of ProTools (which is software).

I see, how much does Protools cost?
umm, The Cakewalk Program is only software, but you can plug in from your amp to the computer though the line out on the back of your amp