Hey I'm looking for a tube amp that takes high distortion pedals very well and has an amazing clean sound. I play metal especially thrash and am influenced by people like Dimebag, Friedman, and Mustaine.

-Thanks
Quote by salgala2000

come on now.

Budget?
Current amp?
Current guitar?
Pedals?
Volume requierments?
Used?
Location?
ANy other preferences?

This. The list of amplifiers that meets your VERY SPECIFIC (/sarcasm) list of qualifications is so long that setting up the amplifiers on said list could stand in for a border fence.
Quote by daverichards
line 6 spider? INSANE MODE is br00tz

Oh Lord, I hope you're kidding.

Budget? New or used? Closest major city? Gigging? Current rig?
No need for a tube amp if your just running a bunch of distortion pedals in front of it.
- Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
- Fender USA Strat
- Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
- Orange PPC-212OB Cab
- Marshall JTM600 Head
- Marshall JTM410 Cab
It really dosen't matter because I'm just going to competely change my whole rig and guitars. Probably a Jackson and a 300-600 price range. But tell me anything else above it'd be nice to hear.
Basically, what people are trying to tell you.

Is that a tube amps natural distortion will sound better in many cases than a pedal distortion will.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with wanting a nice clean tube amp, and then getting your distortion from a pedal, if that's what you want to do, that's fine. Lots of people do that.

A popular amp for doing just that is a Fender Hotrod Deluxe. But personally I don't think the speaker sounds too good when you have a lot of distortion turned on.

There are many amps that are capable of doing what you want. Will you be using the cleans very often? If so, what kinda cleans are you after?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Ok preferably NOT Fenders, but ok what's a good one that has really good distortion without a pedal and is made for what I'm asking.
Combo;
Peavey 6505+ 112
Or bugera, they are pretty good.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
God, some people.

Do you actually want help?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Umm I hate the way Fenders break up with so much treble. Anyway a budget of 300-600 would suffice.
+1 on the 6505, assuming it sounds the same as the american-made ones. I haven't tried bugera. How's your fire extinguisher technique?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheFrexican
Umm I hate the way Fenders break up with so much treble. Anyway a budget of 300-600 would suffice.

Fenders don't break up at all if you leave them on the clean channel (unless you're playing at a stupidly high volume), that's the whole reason people use them to get clean sounds that are loud, and to take pedals.
By break up I mean they just sound bad to me with treble at 10 but anyway forget the pedal and lets move on to just distortion from the amp.

And the 6505 seems nice I should go try one sometime.
yeah 5150s/6505s are pretty much the definition of br00tz
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheFrexican
By break up I mean they just sound bad to me with treble at 10 but anyway forget the pedal and lets move on to just distortion from the amp.

Peavey 6505 + TS9/TS808 is the definition of metulz!

Distortion pedals imo aren't very good, for thrash you really should rely on the amp. Sell the distortion pedals and get the 6505, and a nice tube screamer for them solos.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Yo Dan thanks except that I heard that the 6550 + 112 combo is really bad quality, but whos used it?
Quote by TheFrexican

Then keep the god-damn treble below 10, easy.

You're making it hard not to yell at you.

Anyway, the 6505+ combo seems like just the right thing for you. I have not heard anything negative about it's build quality so far.
Quote by TheQuailman
Then keep the god-damn treble below 10, easy.

+1

I hate the way my amp sounds when I pour water into the chassis, so I just don't do that.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by TheFrexican
By break up I mean they just sound bad to me with treble at 10.

I thought I'd seen it all on this forum, but you sir, win the "retard of the year" award.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
oh dear...

if i ran my engl's treble on 10 i think i might get a call from RSPCA about all the bats which crashed into my house...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?