Im looking to pick up a Marshall Valvestate series 1 2x12 100w combo later this week. A local shop owner has one he's selling for $300. When I played on it I really liked the sound/tone I got from it. Im not debating or asking if I should or should not get this amp because I know Im getting it for better or worse. It should do me very well until I save the money saved up to buy a JDM1. I could save the $300 up now but right now Im playing through a Signature GM-05 5w combo that blows bad, my son's epiphone he got with his Majesto sounded better till we blew the speaker. Ok ok, so I blew the kids speaker, he'd rather play the drums or sing anyways.

A friend of mine has the "dreadful" MG 100HFX 100w head with a matching 4x12 cab. For what he plays and what not he sounds good. Plus he loves the thing which is the most important thing.

Here's the point of this thread. Why the so much hate for Marshall solid state amps? Or really amps in general out side the legendary stuff? Is it over priced? Yes. But imo alot of respectful names are over priced, be amps, guitars or even pedals. There will always be more bang for your buck somewhere else. Especially when buying names such as Marshall, Vox, Gibson, Fender etc. If you plug into it and enjoy it regardless of what Bob, or Ted or Joe thinks isnt it yours, your ears, your playing that count the most?
Guitars:
Washburn Vindicator
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Jagmaster

Amp
Randall RX120D
Randall 4x10 cab
some of the marshall valvestates were actually pretty good
the main marshall hate is that it is rather overpriced and many other amps do that british crunch better and for cheaper. They also cheapened there own brand name by releasing things like the MG and MA etc
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
As long as you're not talking about the MG series from Marshall, there really isn't a lot of hate DIRECTLY towards Marshall.
But other solid-state amplifier companies don't do it quite so well as we hope, thus the hate for their amps.
Quote by WtrPlyr
IIRC this thread is against the rules.

I appologize delete or close the thread if need be.

I was just looking for response's on why these amps get such low reviews most of the time. It wasnt meant to disrespect the Marshall brand at all, just to gain some insight on why.
Guitars:
Washburn Vindicator
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Jagmaster

Amp
Randall RX120D
Randall 4x10 cab