Hi.
I have been thinking of buying this pedal (Morpheus Drop Tune Pedal) so i dont need to buy a new guitar and put heavy gauge strings on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mf54MxqUaA
I use a roland cube 80x amp witch i have about a meter away from me, and the volume is pretty low (about 2 out of 10).
My question was if i play in standard tune and ''drop'' the tuning 1/2 steps down whit the pedal, will it sound bad? Because the volume in the amp is low i will always hear some sound coming from the actual guitar (i have a solid body guitar).

Hope you guys understand me, sorry for bad English lol...
that's a great question! I would imagine it would sound terrible.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
If you like your tone, the morpheus will SUCK SUCK SUCK it out. Seriously i really wanted one cause it sounded so cool, i went and tried it, and it sounded like i was playing the trumpet.
Save your money, Get a Sypder. <--- MeTUL!!!! ;D
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Yes it can get very distracting if your amp is still quiet. Doesn't sound too good either. Turn that amp up or maybe even use some headphones when you use it
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by salgala2000
If your just playing at home is it worth it to spend that much on a pedal when you can downtune in less that two minutes?

Maybe he has a guitar with a Floyd Rose, like me, and doesn't want to be bothered with taking more time.

If I were you I would do what the above post suggested, and get headphones if you buy the Droptune.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
No, i dont have a floyd, but it's still a problem.
I use Ernie Ball 54-10 strings, and the work out pretty well in drop C or D standard, but the problem is that i take lessons once a week, so i need to tune to standard tune. It is true that i can down tune or uptune my guitar in a few minutes, but the strings would get to tight or to sloppy. So do you guys think that i shuld buy the pedal or another guitar?
Anyways i can't use headphones from the amp while i play, becouse i mostly play along whit music and stuff on the computer, so i already use one headset. I dont have 4 ears lol...
I wasn't impressed with the pedal, and I'd rather have a separate guitar for different tunings so it's intonated, string gauges are right, etc.

The pedal was best on the half step down function IMO...after that it got pretty bad
IMO, the pedal sounds like a poor octaver If you don't have a guitar with a flour just tune up for your lesson. Or buy a cheap vintage or something which is in around the same price range as the pedal and use that in standard?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Why don't you keep your guitar drop tuned and use a capo when you need it?

A Digitech Whammy would work too, be more versatile but sound a little weird
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Usernames sucks
No, i dont have a floyd, but it's still a problem.
I use Ernie Ball 54-10 strings, and the work out pretty well in drop C or D standard, but the problem is that i take lessons once a week, so i need to tune to standard tune. It is true that i can down tune or uptune my guitar in a few minutes, but the strings would get to tight or to sloppy. So do you guys think that i shuld buy the pedal or another guitar?
Anyways i can't use headphones from the amp while i play, becouse i mostly play along whit music and stuff on the computer, so i already use one headset. I dont have 4 ears lol...

DO NOT GET THE PEDAL. Unless you really have £140 to waste. Its really not worth it. IMHO if your guitar doesn't have a trem bridge, and you cant be bothered to tune it up it's just being abit lazy. The strings will be affected by this, but if your actually practising things you learn from your lesson?
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Quote by Emperor's Child
Why don't you keep your guitar drop tuned and use a capo when you need it?

A Digitech Whammy would work too, be more versatile but sound a little weird

The capo idea would be better than the whammy IMO...the whammy tracks pretty bad if you're trying to use it constantly (i.e. using it to tune your guitar up for an entire song).
IMO, the pedal sounds like a poor octaver If you don't have a guitar with a flour just tune up for your lesson. Or buy a cheap vintage or something which is in around the same price range as the pedal and use that in standard?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey