As my next choice guitar is off limits for me now(Schecter Damien Elite) because of increased price on thomann.de I'm looking for a new one to get.

my new rig is going to be VHT Special 6 combo, with metal muff and possibly later danelectro fish n chips and bad monkey(if needed).

Genres and bands that i like/mostly play - all kinds of cores, death metal, progressive metal, rock, hard rock, a bit of pop/rock - killswitch engage, deftones, weezer, damien rice, chevelle, lamb of god, mastodon etc. so all around, with rock in the middle. Gonna be used for drop tunings, mostly drop c.

I just love the look of Schecter Damiens, but unfortunately some of my choice guitars has it.

Guitars I'am looking at now are:

SCHECTER DAMIEN 6
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_diamond_damien_6_sbk.htm
look, not sure about body wood and passive emgs.

ESP LTD H-101FM
http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_h101fm_asb.htm
the same as damien.

Schecter Omen 6
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_omen_6_bk.htm
only with pickup swap, maybe some 81/85 or 81/60 emgs, or any other that could be better.

IBANEZ RGA32
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rga32mol.htm
dont like headstock too much, but apart of that everything else looks ok, maybe pickup change dunno, my choice #1.

All 24 fret as i've read that 24 frets keep better tension of drop tunings.

Not sure about these two as how would they perform for metal, rock:

IBANEZ ART320
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_art320_tgb.htm

ESP LTD EC-256
http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_ec256_avb.htm

Current rig is Ibanez gax70 and Roland cube 15x
are you sure the vht special 6 is a sensible choice for brootz? I mean, add up the cost of those couple of pedals (unless you have them already) and you're probably not going to be too far off peavey 6505 112 or bugera money... (actually you're still going to be a fair bit off)

24 frets doesn't have anything to do with the tension of low tuning, it's the scale length which does that. 25.5" would be the way to go, if you want to stick with normal (i.e. non-baritone) scale lengths.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
24 frets doesn't have anything to do with the tension of low tuning, it's the scale length which does that. 25.5" would be the way to go, if you want to stick with normal (i.e. non-baritone) scale lengths.

I don't think they make any 24 fret guitars that are lower than 25.5", he was probably referring to it that way
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Last edited by megano28 at Sep 15, 2010,
sure they do, i have one.

granted they're a lot rarer, but there are certainly enough of them that you wouldn't want to make that generalisation.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sure they do, i have one.

granted they're a lot rarer, but there are certainly enough of them that you wouldn't want to make that generalisation.

I made a mistake and meant less than 25.5", I know there are 24 fret guitars with baritone scales around but if you mean guitar scales lower like a 24", thanks for informing me, I was lead on to believe that they weren't any around, but to my defense, TS is probably trying to say what I implied as he talks about the tension.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Last edited by megano28 at Sep 15, 2010,
well, i don't know about less than 24", there are very few guitars with that short of a scale, but i know i have a 24.75" 24 fretter...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you sure the vht special 6 is a sensible choice for brootz? I mean, add up the cost of those couple of pedals (unless you have them already) and you're probably not going to be too far off peavey 6505 112 or bugera money... (actually you're still going to be a fair bit off)

vht and metal muff together is about 340$, 6505 about 700$, thats a big difference.

and about original question, which guitar?

and yes, I meant the tension as the scale length, was too tired and put it in confusing way
what about bugeras or jet cities? peavey windsor? are they as much? they might be a bit cheaper. But if that's as cheap as you can get a decent high gainer for, yeah, that is a fair difference...

I'm not too sure about the guitar, I haven't really tried most, or even any, of those.

no worries about the scale length
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
much more expensive and I'm not planning on being killed by my neighbors

also, which strings would be best suited for 25.5 scale and drop c?
Ibanez ART, definitely, if you're going for hard rock and metal.
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by LoudLove5150
Ibanez ART, definitely, if you're going for hard rock and metal.

Have you read any of the above posts concerning scale length and tension? All ART's have a 24.75" scale - obviously not what the TS wants.

However, out of those guitars I suggest the RGA32. I think that's the best value up there.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
what strings do you normally use for standard e tuning?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Offworld92
Have you read any of the above posts concerning scale length and tension? All ART's have a 24.75" scale - obviously not what the TS wants.

However, out of those guitars I suggest the RGA32. I think that's the best value up there.

I didn't even see that up there

RGA32, TS.
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by Dave_Mc
what strings do you normally use for standard e tuning?

11-49 ones
jeepers

normally i go down a gauge per hallfstep, so 13s, i guess? maybe a thicker low string if you can find one.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
jeepers

normally i go down a gauge per hallfstep, so 13s, i guess? maybe a thicker low string if you can find one.

wouldn't it be too tight? as im reading now for 25.5 scales and most people recommend 11-50, havent ever played on 25.5 scale guitar, so I have no idea how 11-50 would feel on them, as those 11-49 im using are on 24.75
oh ok i didn't realise you were changing scale length too. I normally feel that the different scale length is worth about half a gauge, so maybe try 12s? I mean even 11s would be fine, but if you're used to 11s in standard tuning...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Art13
vht and metal muff together is about 340$, 6505 about 700$, thats a big difference.

and about original question, which guitar?

and yes, I meant the tension as the scale length, was too tired and put it in confusing way

You can buy a 6505+ 112 combo new on ebay for $500 dollars
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean