Hey, I mostly play Rock/blues on my guitar. At the moment Im using a VERY standard fender. Cost me about £60/$30. Im looking to upgrade into a better feeling guitar and just a better guitar all together.

So far ive been looking at the Vintage V100. Has anyone got any reviews about them from personal experience? If its a bad-not so good choice, What guitar would you choose? £200/$400 is the limit id be paying I think.

Also I was looking at buying a Roland Cube15X or 20X. Does anyone have any input on that amp?

Many thanks.
try to stretch to the cube 30x, it has the amp models and the others don't. if you can't stretch (and don't need volume), the microcube would work. If you need volume, consider the peavey vypyr or vox valvetronix, i think all their models have amp models, even the cheaper ones (i haven't tried the vypyr, so that's not a personal recommendation).

I don't think i've tried the v100... if it's like the other vintages I've tried, I'd try to get up to the vintage advance range- if you're easy on which model you want, you can often pick them up for around the £200 mark... just today I had a quick loook on ebay and there was a shop selling a couple of new ones for around £200 (+postage).

what type(s) of music do you mainly play? EDIT: what do you mean by "rock/blues"? I'd probably go for a vox valvetronix if that's what you're mainly playing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 15, 2010,
Im a huge Slash fan. So mainly all I play is his songs and riffs or similar sounding with alot of bending, soft sounding, soul imbued kinda of pieces. November rain for example.

Thanks for the info, you say if its like the other vintages, What experience have you had with any vintage models? That didnt sound too promising the way you put it
i think i maybe tried the goldtop model (i guess that is a v100), and i wasn't too fussed. I also tried some kind of semi-hollow (maybe fully hollow) one which again I wasn't too impressed with. However, that was several years ago now, and vintage have (allegedly, anyway) been improving all the time, so they might be great by now for all i know. But I know that at the time, the vintage advances were a step up, higher spec and all that. For a LP type one, though, it might not matter (upgrades like a steel block on the trem etc. aren't really applicable). I think the v100 has got the rep of being one of the best value lp-types you can buy in the UK, for its price. Best if you can try it first, though, at that kind of price...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try a real Fender Strat, they're one of the top choices for blues/rock. Not that a Les Paul is horrible for those- but you've got a Strat-style now, it'll be less of a shift. Try both.

As far as an amp, the Vypyr has models from a Twin Reverb to a Diezel, but the cleans aren't amazing, and the low-gain models' overdrives aren't the greatest. I don't have as much experience with the Vox VT's, but I can personally recommend the Vypyr for higher-gain, and even Plexi tones.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I would say a MIM Strat, or a Epi Les Paul. I like both of them, and they can do the styles you want pretty good. Also, you could check out the Agile Les Pauls too.

For the amp, I would also suggest if you go the way of a Roland cube, get the 30watt. But, would also suggest a Peavey Viper.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
My Ellis is similar to a V100 but hand finished. You really have to get one from a shop and buy the one you like as their QC is not great. Get a nice one and they knock spots off a used Epi (or a new one). With all Wilkinson hardware and pups, the sound can be on the bright side but as my Cube 15x is very bassy it seems to compensate. (or it did before the Skatterbranes went in)
I'd go for at least the cube 20x, the microcube, or one of the Vypyrs as the 15x is a bit limited.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x