Hi all,new here

So,i've got a few questions about the new gear i plan to buy:

1.I'm intrested in an ESP LTD EC-1000 ,either in vintage black or silver sunburst.
Problem is, i rather dislike EMGs,so i'd like to know what are some good choices for the neck and bridge.I play alt rock(smashing pumpkins,green day and the like),classic/hard rock(AC/DC,Aerosmith,GnR) and metal/core(Metallica,Ozzy,A7X).
Budget is about 170 USD for both.

2.Id like to get a nice clean amp to use with the above guitar.
I'm planning to have my dirty sounds from a Visual Sounds Jekyll and Hyde pedal, so now i can mainly use the amp's clean sound and have the pedal work the dirty sounds.
Got about 650 USD for the amp.

3.I'd like to strat getting a few effects-the above OD/Dist,and maybe a delay,wah or chorus pedal,and i'd like to ask which would you guys advise me to get.Feel free to suggest a pedal to replace the J&H, just mind that i want a two channel pedal that's able to produce higher gain and lower gain sounds.
Budget is about 500 USD more or less.

So yeah, you guys probably get this kind of threads all the time, but i really need the help.
So,any help?

EDIT:should've probably said, i'm not currently in a band, but i;d like to have the option.TRy to keep it about 20W tube or lower please.
Last edited by blululz at Sep 15, 2010,
It's all opinion. I'm sure you can google the rig setup of artists you like, but it's better if you do the research instead of somebody else spewing what is probably a biased opinion at you mainly because they own it.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Why not just get a different Les Paul style guitar that dosn't have EMGs?

Fender Hotrod Deluxe is a good clean amp, probably within your budget. Takes pedals well, unless you're playing really heavy metal (speaker isn't designed for it).
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
umm i'd recommend getting a amp with decent distortion anyway as for 650 you probably can or gut into the pedal fund and you have 1150 which is pleeenntttyy
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
1) i got an ec-1000 with emgs, not too bad. you can try swapping them out with sd blackouts.
2)fenders have good cleans, i use a frontman 2x12 with mine and its pretty good
Quote by blululz

3.I'd like to strat getting a few effects-the above OD/Dist,and maybe a delay,wah or chorus pedal,and i'd like to ask which would you guys advise me to get.Feel free to suggest a pedal to replace the J&H, just mind that i want a two channel pedal that's able to produce higher gain and lower gain sounds.
Budget is about 500 USD more or less.

for a better two mode OD/Distortion two mode pedal, i really love the Fulltone GT-500. i have played both, and really preferred the GT-500, and will be buying one eventually. it even allows you to layer the OD over the distortion for a boost. also it has a fasel inducter for the mids on the distortion half, which gives you amazing flexibility for mids on the distortion.

for delay, if you are looking to go analog, i love my malekko ekko 616.

as far as a chorus pedal, i wish i would have bought a voodoo lab analog chorus over the cheaper analog chorus a bought for a little bit less. the voodoo lab chorus isn't the best out there, but it is alone in its price range. also i like the Malekko Omnichron chorus, but it isn't quite as flexible.

for wah, a Crybaby 535Q is probably good enough for most, as it is very flexible, but if you are looking to spend more money andwant something better than that, i would recommend the RMC wahs, but i am overall very happy with my fulltone clyde, but it may not be exactly what you are looking for,as it is a voxy wah.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by FuzzLove
Why not just get a different Les Paul style guitar that dosn't have EMGs?
Fender Hotrod Deluxe is a good clean amp, probably within your budget. Takes pedals well, unless you're playing really heavy metal (speaker isn't designed for it).

i highly recommend that. you could probably pick up a used Les Paul Studio (non faded) for less than the LTD, and it is more build around what you are looking for.

i am sure a bunch of people will chime in saying "gibson has QC issues, blah blah blah," but if you play it first, you will find the perfect one. also, i have owned 4 gibsons made in the last year and havne't ran into an issue. i bought three of them blindly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/