My school found a ton of old LPs in its storages and decided to sell them off for almost nothing. I found a copy of King Crimson's first album which I immediately jumped on and I'm just curious as to how old it might be. It's in fairly good shape and it says it was made in England, here's a pic if it helps.

EDIT: I don't mean the release year, that's written on the label. I'm referring to the actual age of this particular record.
Last edited by pwrmax at Sep 15, 2010,
...oh and next time google it. It took me two seconds, really beats writing a paragraph and posting a picture.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Cracking album, in my top 10 of all time

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
I don't understand this thread at all.

I would imagine it was released in 1969 therefore making the record 41 years old....yeah?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
I don't understand this thread at all.

I would imagine it was released in 1969 therefore making the record 41 years old....yeah?

Not the release date, there's Wikipedia for that. I'm just asking if anyone might have an idea or estimate of when this particular record was manufactured. I assume it's from before any of the remasters, seeing as how 1969 is the only copyright year written on it.
A quick bit of looking shows it's one of the original label's runs, produced somewhere between 1969 and 1987, there's no way that I can find of telling exactly when it was made but to a collector that would be worth a pretty hefty sum of money as long as the gatefold sleeve is in pretty good condition. Check this out: http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4739758543

Auctioned on eBay in 2005 for £205.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
How are you expecting anyone to know the actual date? If it's the original issue it could be anytime from 1969 onwards, I don't know how anyone could give a more specific answer.
Fender Lite Ash Strat MIK
Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube
Vox AD30VT
Little Big Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by james4
to find out when it was pressed, you need the number on the spine of the sleeve

Ah, sweet thanks. Thanks Zaphod_Beeblebr as well.