going for possible vocal lessons as well as guitar what should i expect how can i prepare and how can i not die of embarressment? :-s

in relation to the vocal part
Look at it this way.... if you show up to a vocal lesson and show no weakness, any good teacher will tell you, "You're great. I have nothing to teach you that you don't already know."

What you should expect is:
-an introduction to what the instructor intends to teach you; a background on how their technique works, etc.
-a preassessment of your voice. What can you do? Where do we need to start?

The focus of instruction should be on technique. Not repertoire. Not a random bunch of exercises that might help you control your voice, but little else.

In order to learn technique, you have to learn how to produce the voice correctly, which is different from how you are producing it now. How will the instructor achieve that? How will the instructor communicate to you what you are doing wrong, and what you have to do differently in order to fix it?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
You don't have to worry about being embarrassed - it's something that happens to all people when they start singing. It's different than the guitar because it's more personal - your voice really is you.

If you're worried about what the teacher thinks, don't worry about it. Every singing teacher I've met have a horror story or two up their sleeve. All you have to do is be able to be taught and they'll be happy.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I just started lessons and I love
it. It's the most fun I have during the week. Sad I know but it is. Breathing is prob the most important thing to learn and remember.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Don't be embarrassed of your voice, it's the only one you've got and it's probably not going to change anytime soon so you better learn to love it.
Quote by Chaingarden
if you already sound good, why would you pay for lessons?

To learn how to sing good without wrecking your voice? So that you can sing good for longer?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.