I have a Philips 26'' LCD that doesnt support 1080p.. so for playing Halo Reach should I be using 720p or 1080i for best picture quality and performance?
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
Try it and see what you prefer.

But, 1080i will just be an upscaled 720p, so 720p may be better.

Off-topic-ish:
I learnt recently that 360 games advertised as supporting 1080 as well as 720 are actually just 720 native, whereas PS3 actually only advertises native resolution.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Its 720p Native so its going to be the same resolution whether on 720p/1080i/1080p screen. Only difference is the screen size
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Ahh interesting. I just switched from 1080i to 720p and it seems a tad smoother. Colors and explosions look a little better too..
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
720p.
'p' settings handle movement better than 'i', and on a 26" screen, the extra however many pixels aren't worth the blurry motion. Which there is a LOT of in Reach. Brilliant game.
Higher numbers=more pixels=better picture, but theres a downside to switching from P to I. P stands for progressive scan, which means the lines of pixels refresh top to bottom (i believe) one at a time, in order. I stands for interlaced which means the pixels refresh every other line, then come back and fill in the gaps.

Essentially, 1080 is a noticeably better resolution , but progressive is a slightly better "format."(?) Your choice.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
And, though this may be completely wrong, I played Oblivion on both 720p and 1080i. It seemed to me like there were more aliasing artifacts (I know that isn't right, but I think you should know what I mean) in the 1080i resolution.

EDIT: The word I was looking for is jaggies!
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Sep 15, 2010,
I find 720p is generally smoother.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409