I am thinking about becoming an intern at a local recording studio. Can someone with experience tell me some of the things i might be doing if i decide to go for it?
Last edited by Galgawine at Sep 15, 2010,
Without wanting to crush your hopes, I don't think that you have a shot at either in this day and age unless you have a close contact on the inside.
Staion sounds like a cool word...
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
I was an intern at Blink Studios up in Cambridge, MA.

I mainly handled a bunch of marketing stuff for the studio. Beyond that, I did a little guitar tech work in the studio. The owner and the second engineer showed me some mastering stuff.

Then I flyered. A lot.

Lots of little errands for the owner, such as going to buy light bulbs or thank you cards.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
I went to a studio for a day. Might aswell not have gone. If you're a social cripple like me, don't try it. I just ended up sitting there while the band took the piss out of me for being ridiculously shy.
I took a few Music Tech classes. A lot of them involved watching a really long Pro Tools instructional DVD. I then got to mix a song that someone recorded. It didn't turn out so well. I don't remember how to do anything in pro tools now.

So yeah, if you're lucky, you might get to mess around in Pro Tools for a bit, because they can undo everything you did.

EDIT: Did I mention it was boring and tedious?
Last edited by sashki at Sep 15, 2010,