Just picked this up earlier, it's too late for me to test it properly.

It's a Peavey.

It's 120 watts.

It has four el34s.

It has three 12ax7's.

...It's not a 6505/5150.

It's a Peavey Windsor!

As I said, I've only just picked this up so I haven't had enough time to test it properly, but on first impressions... Wow. Spot on ac/dc right out of the box

Also, I picked up some pedals from the same guy.

Boss SD-1 - £10
Boss DS-1 - £5
Digitech Screamin' Blues OD £5
Digitech Eric Clapton Crossroads £5
Crybaby Wah. £5

...Jealous?

Since picking it up I've stuck in four EHX el34s, and after lots of preamp swaps, I've ended with TWO EHX el34s in v2 and v3 and JJ ecc81 in v1, an EHX 12at7 in v2 and a TungSol 12ax7 in v3. I now have a fair bit more clean headroom..

The chain I'm now using is NS-2>send>Metal Muff (volume at about 4, gain at 6, with top boost on>Digitech screamin blues, level at 10 with no gain and low/high central>return>output>low input. With a Morley true bypass power wah and a delay pedal thrown in when I cba to set them up.

With the MM and OD on I have a HUGE heavy tone, perfectly suited to my Rammstein tribute band. With just the OD on I have a dirty sound, think a very lightly overdriven marshall.. Without any pedals I have a quiet clean signal. Can't wait to try it on Sunday to crank it!

Oh and.. the amp cost me £50 A 120 watt valve amp + 5 pedals for £80. Who's jealous?
Last edited by dandadog at Sep 16, 2010,
Damn dude, nice steal!
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Yeah, no totally outstanding gear, but that price is epic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I see your other thread. Are you sure you are not talking about the socket? The socket supports 8 pins but the EL34 is a 7 pin. One 'pin socket' is a dead one (not sure if it serves a purpose). Can you take a pic of your tube and socket to be sure?

Edit: they come in 7 and 8 pin - the 6th pin is dead anyway. So I've learned.

here is one of my EL34s for reference. As long as you line up the 'key' pretty hard to screw up then you should be OK....but let's double check.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 16, 2010,
The Ruby el34s in there are all 8 pin.. Whereas my EHX only have 7 pins. I didn't want to force it in there without being sure.. I can't take a picture right now but the 7pin looks like yours.

*EDIT - PROBLEM SOLVED, IGNORE THAT*

And yeah guys - I wouldn't have been bothered about any of this gear if it weren't for the price, but getting ~£300 worth of gear for £80 can't be grumbled at
Very nice. I hope you plan on taking a soldering iron to some of this gear.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
My gaze was drawn to the sweets aswell.... but apparently they're out of date.... can worthers actualy go off??!?!?!?!

Anyways, knowing Dan, he probz got it off someone who was completely out of it! Hence the cheap price! :P

Nice one mate!
We never cry for love, we're superheroes,
We are back where we belong.
Quote by bellymctubs
My gaze was drawn to the sweets aswell.... but apparently they're out of date.... can worthers actualy go off??!?!?!?!

Anyways, knowing Dan, he probz got it off someone who was completely out of it! Hence the cheap price! :P

Nice one mate!

I'll bring 'em to yours tomorrow so you can munch on outta date Worthers whilst toying with my SD-1

Edit

OP updated with info.
120 watts? That's ridiculously loud!

Nonetheless, HNAD!
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
wow, nice prices. did you at least give him a lift to his dealer?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

LOL

Nice gear mate
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by dandadog

And yeah guys - I wouldn't have been bothered about any of this gear if it weren't for the price, but getting ~£300 worth of gear for £80 can't be grumbled at

definitely. i mean heck, even you turn round immediately and sell it you're going to be in profit, even in the current economic climate. Plus at least a couple of those things are probably worth hanging on to, especially if you're willing to mod them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
congrats, that's a great deal.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Dave_Mc
definitely. i mean heck, even you turn round immediately and sell it you're going to be in profit, even in the current economic climate. Plus at least a couple of those things are probably worth hanging on to, especially if you're willing to mod them.

Indeed - although I have no plans to sell any of it.. Other than the DS-1. I don't want that I fancy modding the crybaby, the sd-1 is being sent off to be professionally modded (for free, I might add) the clapton pedal doesn't work I don't think, need to check this tomorrow, and the screamin' blues pedal has now become a part of the rig for my "heavy" tones from the Windsor..

The windsor is a nice backup from my RG50TC for when I cba to carry a heavy combo about

Edit

^^ Cheers dude
yeah, the windsor is a nice amp for the money, if you need that hot marshall type of sound. especially at the money you paid
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, the windsor is a nice amp for the money, if you need that hot marshall type of sound. especially at the money you paid

ANY amp with at least one valve in at £50 is a nice amp for the money

Ahhhh just can't wait for sunday, get to test her properly! Then decide if it gets to replace my Randall :/
hehe yep
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?