first thing i agree with you on
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Riffmast
first thing i agree with you on
They really didn't, though.

Still, solid band. Slaughter in the Vatican is a belter.
Personally, I couldn't care less for The Law, though.
Pantera pretty much did steal their sound,it's a dumbed down version but it's still pretty much the same deal as far as both bands second albums go.
Quote by Steve08

Yet The Law came out a good three weeks after VDoP - does this mean Exhorder ripped off Pantera after all?

I wouldn't say that "sounding somewhat alike" equals "ripping off". I really don't know how to argue any further except telling you to take a closer look at the riffs. I don't see the similarities, at least not a whole lot of them.
Yes, Pantera basically grew balls because of the existence of Exhorder, but that band's riffs are still much more complex and less groove-based, with none of Pantera's riffs sounding like a throwaway Exhorder riff, not even in spirit.

Not to mention that the few similarities there might be are all found in the riffing department - as I've already pointed out, Kyle Thomas basically started to sound like Anselmo, not vice-versa.

tl;dr: Slaughter in the Vatican is killer and we should stop talking about that other band.
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Sep 16, 2010,
Weird that I was just listening to Exhorder's Slaughter album about the time this thread was created. I Do not hear alot of their sound in Pantera's but this is a great band irrespective of who ripped off whom (or did not)
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Yet The Law came out a good three weeks after VDoP - does this mean Exhorder ripped off Pantera after all?

I wouldn't say that "sounding somewhat alike" equals "ripping off". I really don't know how to argue any further except telling you to take a closer look at the riffs. I don't see the similarities, at least not a whole lot of them.
Yes, Pantera basically grew balls because of the existence of Exhorder, but that band's riffs are still much more complex and less groove-based, with none of Pantera's riffs sounding like a throwaway Exhorder riff, not even in spirit.

Not to mention that the few similarities there might be are all found in the riffing department - as I've already pointed out, Kyle Thomas basically started to sound like Anselmo, not vice-versa.

tl;dr: Slaughter in the Vatican is killer and we should stop talking about that other band.

I dunno, i doubt that they would sound the same without Exhorder.And Exhorder is basically just a good version of Pantera in my books.I hear allot of similarities all over the place,and if they were in contact they could of been hearing material from each other way before the albums were released(they were located fairly close to one another).But i also barely listen to either of the bands anymore so maybe i haven't paid close enough attention.
Quote by Steve08

Pantera's hair metal stuff was better anyway. Metal Magic FTW.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
Dumbass band, and you're all dumbasses for liking them
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand