I was looking online at guitars and I found these two.

"Fender Standard Strat"
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Strat-Left-Handed-Electric-Guitar-510001-i1601707.gc

"Fender Standard Stratocaster"
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Left-Handed-Electric-Guitar-501159-i1431993.gc

Are there any major differences between these two guitars? Is the second one worth the price? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The bridges look different, but that could be lighting. Other than that, finish options. I'm not really sure why there's a price difference. Call and ask?
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
My guess is the year. Fender sometimes likes to change the bridge from time to time, but im not certain about that.
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
compare the "specification" tab on each page, the Stratocaster has a choice of fretboard wood, different body wood, different machine heads and a different headstock logo
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer (Lucy)
Jay Turser Les Paul
1986 B.C. Rich Mockingbird N.J. Series w/Kahler Flyer Trem
Squier Strat
Washburn Lyon Acoustic
Charvel Bass
Fender Frontman 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Last edited by rebel rocker at Sep 15, 2010,
One of the things I noticed was that one was made of Poplar, one is alder. Look at the specifications and you will see.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Agree with ^. The main difference I can see is the wood the body is made from. Poplar is quite cheap as far as I know, whereas alder is more expensive & features on higher end guitars. That last statement is a generalisation. True in my experience but there may be exceptions.
It's the wood. Poplar = light
Alder= Sexy

Other than that, the second one has a gib bag lol
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
The Fender Strats were never poplar, although to be fair poplar and alder are virtually the same. It's just that one is old stock (hence it's under clearance) whilst the other is new.

Quote by Heilz
It's the wood. Poplar = light
Poplar is usually slightly heavier than alder so I dunno where you're getting that from.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.