Page 1 of 2
so...yeah. as much as i like posting reviews on this site, I started a blogger account to review albums, gear and live shows going by my own rubric of how it should be done. Not knocking UG, just wanted some more reviews. anyway, heres the link: http://metalheadincorporated.blogspot.com/

check it out, let me what to improve on/what to review/etc.
Quote by severed-metal
Might be cool if the bands weren't terrible.

this
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Disregarding the whole core thing (not a fan of it either), I'd suggest polishing up the visual tone of the blog. I found it hard to read with the picture that's currently the background, it creates a lot of unnecessary noise and distracts the reader. Also keep in mind that you're writing for a specific audience and your writing reflects you, it should appear clean and punctuated. Another suggestion would be to make it more clear for the demographic you're intending to have read the blog. There are like 40 billion sub-genres of metal, sticking to say Deathcore or Progressive will make it easier on your part for posting about new bands and it will tighten up the project as a whole (unless you're intending to cover a wide range, I could be mistaken).

Also, be careful of letting in too much bias. Just because you like X Bluegrass guitarist doesn't mean that the album they produced is the second coming of Chuck Norris. It's hard, but try to judge it on the musical composition, variety in the album, pretty much anything that's unqiue about them as opposed to Genricore34 from Whoville.

Not trying to be berate you or anything, just throwing you some advice. As far as I know Deathcore isn't the most mainstream thing and it if you do it well and keep up with it I bet you could have a beast of a blog that would fill a nice niche in the metal scene.
Quote by SiliCo
Disregarding the whole core thing (not a fan of it either), I'd suggest polishing up the visual tone of the blog. I found it hard to read with the picture that's currently the background, it creates a lot of unnecessary noise and distracts the reader. Also keep in mind that you're writing for a specific audience and your writing reflects you, it should appear clean and punctuated. Another suggestion would be to make it more clear for the demographic you're intending to have read the blog. There are like 40 billion sub-genres of metal, sticking to say Deathcore or Progressive will make it easier on your part for posting about new bands and it will tighten up the project as a whole (unless you're intending to cover a wide range, I could be mistaken).

Also, be careful of letting in too much bias. Just because you like X Bluegrass guitarist doesn't mean that the album they produced is the second coming of Chuck Norris. It's hard, but try to judge it on the musical composition, variety in the album, pretty much anything that's unqiue about them as opposed to Genricore34 from Whoville.

Not trying to be berate you or anything, just throwing you some advice. As far as I know Deathcore isn't the most mainstream thing and it if you do it well and keep up with it I bet you could have a beast of a blog that would fill a nice niche in the metal scene.

lol wow. the antithesis of all comments i could have expected. first of all, thanks. youre completely right about the blog reflecting me, and that I should avoid all the typographical errors that are in these first few posts.

and as far as the range...I'm all over the place, and this blog just might be too lol. I started it for this fact; that I'm not specifically a -core fan, or just a death metal fan, but a fan of many different brands of metal in all shapes and sizes.

as far as the layout...I couldnt find the right image and I just settled on what I had on my laptop lol. I'll be fixin it thanks again man
WITCHING METAL!!!

drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrDUNduDUHHDUN drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrDUNduDUHHDUN
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by kaizerkhan13

as far as the layout...I couldnt find the right image and I just settled on what I had on my laptop lol. I'll be fixin it thanks again man

No problem, hope you keep at it!
How to tell when a band are crap without listening to them -

1. When their logo looks like foam on the side of a beer glass

2. When you can fit your erect penis through their ear spacers
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold

3. When kaizerkhan13 writes about them in his blog
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
christ. is it too much to ask to just f*** off if you dont like what im posting? im not catering to any specific genre, its just stuff i listen to and enjoy. its made for fans fans of these bands or people open enough to try them out for a minute. the blog is literally a day old and its just a collection of s**t i like. if you don't like the bands, close the tab and move on, really.

the collection of pricks on this site is incredible.
The Devil Wears Prada, Zombies EP Review

Stop listening to shit music.

This EP is a step in a definitively heavier direction the TDWP guys.

Read a book.

This is an album for djentlemen and metalheads alike.

You just made me hurl. I hope you feel good about yourself.
Last edited by webbtje at Sep 16, 2010,
Quote by kaizerkhan13
the collection of pricks on this site is incredible.

Why bother posting if you know nobody is going to like it?

Go to the deathcore thread, you'll get a better response in there.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I'm not a fan of core music either, but just because you don't care for it doesn't mean it's shit. Deeming something sucks before you listen to it is the pinnacle of ignorance. TDWP isn't my cup of tea either, but the EP showed a lot of elements of experimentation that you rarely see their genre. Overall it was very polished and had some really smooth fades from their apocalypse sound scapes into their vocal work. I don't like the sound of metalcore by any means, but they did produce a pretty tight EP.
lulz
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Deeming something sucks before you listen to it is the pinnacle of ignorance.

Prejudice and ignorance are two very separate things, silly boy.
Last edited by webbtje at Sep 16, 2010,
Quote by webbtje
Prejudice and ignorance are two very separate things, silly boy.

ig·no·rance
noun \ˈig-n(ə-)rən(t)s\
Definition of IGNORANCE
: the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

btw I said nothing of prejudice

prej·u·dice
noun \ˈpre-jə-dəs\
Definition of PREJUDICE
: injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one's rights; especially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims

~ Merriam Webster Dictionary
Webb is perfectly knowlegable, educated and aware of everything TDWP having touched being shite but.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by SiliCo

btw I said nothing of prejudice

prej·u·dice
noun \ˈpre-jə-dəs\
Definition of PREJUDICE
: injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one's rights; especially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims

~ Merriam Webster Dictionary

I can play this game too.

a. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.
b. A preconceived preference or idea.
Review Deiphago or somethin
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Cant say im surprised by the response of people here, but whatever, if you like doing it then why should that stop you? Its no bad for just starting out ive definetly seen worse, would probably branch out of just deathcore bands and have a bit of variety!
Saying that id gladly have you review my band when we put the album out if youd be up for it we need all the exposure we can get!
Quote by Stranglehold

so true
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

there was this kid in my shop class in college with some wicked gauged out ears. I made it a point to sneak up behind him everyday and put my finger through one.

...true story
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by onimacaroni
Cant say im surprised by the response of people here, but whatever, if you like doing it then why should that stop you? Its no bad for just starting out ive definetly seen worse, would probably branch out of just deathcore bands and have a bit of variety!
Saying that id gladly have you review my band when we put the album out if youd be up for it we need all the exposure we can get!

no way ill stop dude, just annoyed lol. and for sure i'll check you guys out, no problem
Quote by Stranglehold

Pictured: Totally not crap
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
This gives me an idea, maybe I should start a review blog. I mean I can write okay.

Does anyone want to join me? At all? Anyone...?

I can write good. Think I miht start a review blog too.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
Quote by jibran
This gives me an idea, maybe I should start a review blog. I mean I can write okay.

Does anyone want to join me? At all? Anyone...?

Yeah man, you write good stuff, if not a bit fanboyish
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Woah...who are you?

Edit:
Wildchild, I only review the stuff I like here. There's no point to review something here that I hate, waste of time. I'm pretty subjective usually.
Last edited by jibran at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by Chylyn
I can write good. Think I miht start a review blog too.

I see what you did there.

And on topic, I can't stand ear gauges. They look stupid and you cant exactly remove them so your stuck looking like jaja binks for the rest of your life
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

I'll write for your blog if you want Jibran.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Page 1 of 2