Ive saved up $700 over the summer. Im looking for a good amp simulator, such as a Digitech or Line6 POD series. Ive considered the POD X3 or XT models, along with the X3 Live and XT Live.

Tonewise, Im looking for a good Tech Death and shred tone, along with clean options and basic effects. Id also like to be able to run it through an amp or PA system, and use Guitar, Bass, or Vocals through it.

Id also like to be able to record Line in through Reaper, with guitar, bass and vocals.

I am playing through an Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos.

So, any suggestions? Used would probably be best, and Id only go up to maybe $400 max.

Dunno why I mentioned $700, but if someone has a better idea what to use it on...
Totally get a POD. I have a POD GX and I heard POD Farm is basically a POD just for your computer instead, and I like it.
Pretty much, the Pod X3 Live is your best option. Line 6 is coming out with a new pedal system, though, so you might want to watch out for that.

Of course, your money would be best spent on a guitar amp that does your tech death/shred, rather than trying to get a jack of all trades solution to use for everything.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Save up like $800 and just get a or bugera, or peavey. It will kick the shit out of any sim.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Any tube amp that has an effects loop can do 'silent recording', but you're going to need impulses and an audio interface.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
get the Digidesign Eleven Rack
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
get the Digidesign Eleven Rack

THIS

Why save up that much and get a POD?

The Eleven Rack isn't an AxeFX, but it's better than the PODs.

edit:
Actually I agree with AkiraSpectrum. Maybe you should wait for the new PODs, they might be awesome.
Last edited by Ignite at Sep 16, 2010,
I had pretty much the exact same rig in mind as yourself when I bought my Pod x3 Live. I figured I'd run the pedal through a PA system so that the pedal would make the perfect tone and then the PA system would play it without coloring the sound and all that. So I bought the Pod and a 1200 dollar PA system...

However, it's been more than a year and I still haven't found a decent metal tone that doesn't make me want to throw my guitar out the window. It's a huge pain and I believe that it isn't possible to get the tone without tubes, not to mention now you have all this gear to lug around and set up where as other guitarists just have an amp and a cab, no hassle.

So now I'm majorly regretting it and am planning on selling the whole rig and getting a real amp, probably a Peavey 5150 or 6505, which you can get used for about the same price as a new Pod x3 live, just saying...
You will bow at my feet or I'll rip out your knees

and make of your face all the carnage you crave
Quote by Raijouta
Any tube amp that has an effects loop can do 'silent recording', but you're going to need impulses and an audio interface.

unless the effects loop is parallel...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.